Forum Index > Trip Reports > Sunrise visit Lk Keechelus / John Wayne Pioneer Trail 2-3-07
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Elvis
Shuffl'n

Elvis
Shuffl'n
PostSun Feb 04, 2007 5:19 pm 
This was a 1.5 mile round trip excursion, total, simply for the purpose of getting out of the house with hopes of some pleasant early morning pictures. With the recent round of beautiful sunrises and larger-than-life moon lit nights... and the forecast of increased cloudiness, I took advantage of my Saturday morning by making a quick run up to Snoqualmie pass to hopefuly photograph some of these beautiful things. While the family was sleeping at the In-Laws in North Bend, I quietly departed at 5:45am to meet a good friend at S-bux before driving to the Hyak sno-park. Signs at the sno-park indicate it opens at 8:00am. We were obviously too early, but we had a permit so we took our chances. First, I made an attempt to photgraph the moon over the Hyak area from the sno-park parking lot. Didn't want to waste too much time on this photo and miss locating a suitable sunrise location. Results could have been better:
moon setting
moon setting
From there, we wandered eastward on the John Wayne Pioneer trail down toward Lk Keechelus. Sunrise happened quickly, with only a brief spot of beautiful colors. No shots of that are worth of posting here. That's ok, because we hung around the area until about 8:30am taking a few other various photos, just because we were enjoying the quiet and the scenery. Since I didn't get the brilliant colors I was dreaming of, it seems the sepia versions have a nice feel to them.
sunrise at snoqualmie pass
sunrise at snoqualmie pass
snoqualmie scenery
snoqualmie scenery
sole skier
sole skier
When we left the sno-park lot on the return home, officials were set up to check people for permits and we were relieved that we weren't ticketed for our early arrival. Back to the In-Laws at 9:30am. My next outing is probably not until Feb 24th. ~E

"Ill habits gather unseen degrees, as brooks make rivers, rivers run to seas." ~John Dryden My Trip List
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message