Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mt. Townsend Rhody Report
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
reststep

reststep
PostMon Jun 16, 2003 2:42 pm 
I was up at Mt. Townsend today in Olympic National Forest. The Rhodies are in bloom along Forest Service Road 27 but not on the trail except for a couple of sunny spots. There were some flowers out between where you get out of the trees and Camp Windy. There was paintbrush, lupine, strawberries and others. Above Camp Windy there were not many flowers yet. I learned something interesting however when I stopped in at the Quilcene Ranger Station to buy a new trail park pass. They asked me if I had a golden age passport, which I do and they told me that I don't need a trail park pass any longer. I am just supposed to hang my golden age passport in the car window. It was the first I had heard about it. Here is a picture looking toward Silver Lakes. It looks like they are still snowed in.
Looking toward Silver Lakes
Looking toward Silver Lakes

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
StarGazer

StarGazer
PostThu Jun 19, 2003 9:28 pm 
Golden Eagle Pass
I also stopped at the Quilcene Ranger Station. I didn't have a Golden Age pass, but for $15 I got my National Park Pass upgraded with a Golden Eagle hologram sticker that she told me allowed me to park in any National Park or National Forest for free until my parks pass expires.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostThu Jun 19, 2003 10:14 pm 
Nice shot! I really like that area, might have to go over there pretty soon. Will be up in the North Cascdaes this weekend however, but thinking of "Silver Town." McPil

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message