Forum Index > Trip Reports > TNAB - Lil Si (3/22/07)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst

Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 3:19 pm 
TNAB 2007 is officially under way! We kicked it off with the traditional hike to Lil Si. Despite the dark and gloomy weather, we had a great turnout, including several newcomers. In total, we had 13 hikers, one passenger, and one dog! The Vets: dicey, Chris (Magnum), Daniel, Dan S, Malachai Constant, Moosefish, Randy, Yours Truly and Tokul the trail dog Newbies: Tazz, Bob and his daughter Haley, Chris' daughter Hannah, Moosefish's daughter Lilly, and Yet As you can probably tell, it was a bit of a family affair. smile.gif The hike started shortly before 6 PM under wet conditions. Fortunately, the rain tapered off as we gained the protection of the forest. The trail was pretty muddy (to be expected), but largely negotiable. It was actually quite pleasant to pass by the moss-covered rocks and trees while thin wisps of mist moved overhead. Lil Si is not a long hike, by any stretch. Our group started to gather on the summit by 7 PM. The wind was a bit chilly on top, but just below the summit, it was quite calm. Big Si loomed over us, it's upper reaches hidden by clouds. Then it was party time! Food and beverage was plentiful. Highlights include Don's huge can of bar mix, Magnum's spicy hot cider, and Yet's delicious brownies. Good times! The party lasted for about 30 minutes, then it was time to head back. Headlamps ready, we encountered another largish group of hikers on the way down, but after that, we had the trail to ourselves. Aided by gravity, we coasted back to the cars by 8:20 PM (won't be long until that's our summit time!). Most folks were content to head home at this point, but a small group of us couldn't resist the pull of the NBB&G. smile.gif Great start to what should be a great season. Here are some pics of the event:
Yet looks to lighten her load by passing around a bag full of yummy brownies
Yet looks to lighten her load by passing around a bag full of yummy brownies
Early Spring Weather Shot
Early Spring Weather Shot
How many hikers can you fit on the summit of Lil Si?  A lot!
How many hikers can you fit on the summit of Lil Si? A lot!

Cheers, Mesahchie Mark
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 3:26 pm 
Sounds like a cool little gig you have going. I may have to join you guys some time.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Yet

Yet
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 7:03 pm 
My first TNAB hike, but definitely not the last! She won me over, and held on to my hand on the way back to the TH so I didn't lose my way in the dark.
What a Smile Looks Like
What a Smile Looks Like
The rest of them weren't so bad, either. wink.gif
I want some green eggs and ham!
I want some green eggs and ham!
Sweet libation
Sweet libation
Most of the group (16 of us, including Tokul)
Most of the group (16 of us, including Tokul)
Happy TNABers
Happy TNABers
Hee!
Hee!
Fearless Organizer
Fearless Organizer
Happy Chris
Happy Chris
Happy John
Happy John
Happy Don
Happy Don