Forum Index > Trip Reports > Shaky Hands Photo From Todays Hike
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 4:11 pm 
Went on a pretty much boring hike today-oh don't get me wrong, the trees were very pretty the first mile, but valley walks are so, well, BORING lol.gif Ford and me headed up to the Carbon River Trail and went up to the moraine at the Carbon Glacier. We had great weather and it was pretty-but VERY buggy. I got spoiled yesterday at the Emmons glacier viewwise I think. Had to bribe Ford over the suspension bridge but he did good. We headed back down, making a quick sidetrip to Isput Falls, which I found to be very pretty. ANd then my highlight for the week! I saw my first bear of the year, less than 10 ft from me-bolting out of the ladies restroom lol.gif lol.gif Must've been one of the pervy bears lol.gif I swear I always see the best things in parking lots. So of course I am grabbing for my camera and I take the lousiest shots of my life winksmile.gif The bear was gorgeous and a small guy too, Ford of course was estatic-it was his 3rd bear to see in his hiking time. So a good way to wrap up my hike. I love bears so much, and every time I see one, I just have a happiness in me.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 6:04 pm 
Sar, that is very cool! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 6:11 pm 
If you sit back REAL far from your monitor and squint it comes into focus biggrin.gif I think I scared the othe rpeople in the area though when I screamed like a little kid in a candy shop "BEAR!!!" and became uncontrollablly excited lol.gif I just love bears, to the point that tatoo #4 is going to be.....a cinnamon colored bear (just not bolting out of a stankie privy lol.gif )

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
salish

salish
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 8:08 pm 
That is a really cool pic, Sar! What a treat to see - even if he was sniffing around in a privy. Bears are really big medicine and I think we're all extremely lucky to be able to see one once in a while. I'll be leaving for Montana on Saturday, and sometime around mid week I'll be hiking in a high grizzly population area and I'm really hoping I am lucky enough to see one. At a distance.... Great pic! Salish

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.