Forum Index > Trip Reports > LoBox
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 7:11 pm 
LoBox is the unofficial name to Pt 6032 on Box Ridge. It is the companion peak of HiBox and lies 1+ mile to the SE. It is a Homecourt Peak and has that allurement to some. The route I took was a little different than most. After about 300 feet of hiking on the Rachel Lake trail the trail goes to the NW up Box Canyon. Right at that spot I went north and continued through mixed forest for most of the way to a saddle at about 5260' which separates HiBox from LoBox. Then one goes almost due east up a gully to reach the summit block from the north side. The final 25 feet is Class 4 climbing and some people have opted to use rope for this. I brought a rope but with the rock dry as tomb dust the handholds and footholds were true. The descent route was varied as I went South off the summit toward Box Canyon. I had thought the route would save time and add the interest of a circle route. It wound up being cliff bands and crappy steep forest. The route up was much better. This might be the best hike of the summer for me as my daughter was able to join me. She had already climbed Three Queens, Chikamin, HiBox, and many of the other peaks seen from the summit so we were able to relive those memories.

MangyMarmot
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message