Forum Index > Trip Reports > Summit Lake, 7/6/03
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
catwoman

catwoman
PostSun Jul 06, 2003 10:04 pm 
I know this has been written about a couple times lately, but I wanted to add my take on it..... First of all, I'd like to say that the road is a bit rockier than previous reports lead one to believe. I was under the impression that only the last mile was bad but it was fairly bad a good portion of the way from the start of the gravel road. But yes, the last mile or so is definitely the worst. High clearance vehicle advised, though I was extremely amazed to see non-high clearance vehicles at the trailhead. Maybe there are just those that don't care if they beat the crap out of their transportation! Anyway, the trail is very nice! Very beautiful hike! Very nicely graded! Very pleasantly covered to cool you off on a hot summer's day! --And also quite popular - another surprise! I wasn't expecting a crowd at all - especially given the road to get there. The lake was gorgeous and crystal clear blue. I don't know what it's called but there's some other small lake right along side of Summit Lake. (No, I'm not talking about Twin Lake.) It's nestled among lots of signs posted for vegetation restoration. To sum it all up.... it's a beautiful hike - highly recommended. Nice relaxing trail that's not a long-haul but has great rewards.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message