Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mount Freemont Lookout Trail-MRNP 7/09/03
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 5:12 pm 
I woke up today and knew it'd be a fabu hiking day! So I tossed Ford into the truck and headed up to Sunrise. When I was last up at Sunrise 12 days ago it was still buried under snow-there is very little left now, though Burroughs Mt would still be sketchy to cross! We hiked out to Frozen Lake and then decided which way to go-I looked up towards Fremont and it was snowfree-my other choice had been to do Berkley Park but it still has some snow. Got up to the lookout, a great view with no haze or clouds smile.gif Then got eaten alive by the mosquitos! We ate lunch while hiking down.... When we hit the junction at Frozen Lake I decided to take Wonderland back to Sunrise-just as we were starting down a huge chunk of snow I catch up with the party ahead of us, and I said something to Ford about being careful-then the lady turns around and asks if we are the same ones as the ones she emailed a couple months ago about hiking lol.gif lol.gif Turns out we had talked via email about dayhiking!!! When she heard me say "Ford" she figured there couldn't be that many Ford's around. That was so cool!!!! We ended up hiking back together-she had 2 of her 4 daughters with her. The trail flew by-they were great company. This NW is too small sometimes wink.gif The wildflowers are in full force right now, and the snow is almost gone. An excellent way to waste 6 1/2 miles of my time!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RandyB

RandyB
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 5:16 pm 
Sarbar, you get out a lot! What's your secret?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 5:20 pm 
Being an unemployed house woman lol.gif When I moved down here I decided no worky for me till fall...so yes, I have oodles of free time-which I mostly dedicate to hiking, hiking and yet more hiking biggrin.gif And dragging the little squirt behind me.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message