Forum Index > Trip Reports > Si
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
BarePaw
Barefoot Hiker

BarePaw
Barefoot Hiker
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 9:36 pm 
I know this is no big deal for you west-side folks, but I hiked up Mount Si for the first time today. We were coming home from a Mariners game (good game, we won) and my Dad said that he had heard people talking about it. We stopped, and hiked to the top. We weren't going to climb the haystack, but as we continued, we saw an elderly gentleman scurrying up like it was nothing, so we didn't want to be out-done. We were rewarded with a great view. It was very clear, so we saw the Olympics, Rainier, Whatever that one is to the north, Seattle, Bellvue, etc. It never ceases to amaze me how much thicker the wet-side fir forests are than our ponderosa pine forests. All those plants and none that make me sneeze. Anyways, here's a good picture I took from the base of the haystack looking towards Rainier.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Larry

Larry
PostThu Jul 10, 2003 6:02 am 
Nice photo! Hey, even Mount Si has its rewards. A great view, and a good workout. I was over to Kamiak Butte this spring...what a gem of a place THAT is. The sparse forests of the drier side have their own beauty.

BarePaw
Barefoot Hiker

BarePaw
Barefoot Hiker
PostThu Jul 10, 2003 11:19 am 
Kamiak
That's true. Kamiak Butte is actually only about a 15 minute drive from my apartment, so I spend quite a bit of time up there. That's actually where the picture by my nickname was taken. Ever been farther east, like Moscow Mountain and that area?