Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lillian 06-08-03
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
H. Hound

H. Hound
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 6:44 pm 
Lillian 06-08-03 Ok all of you water fall lovers, now is a really good time to take the back entrance to Lillian/Laura. The falls are spectacular. Off to the right are falls from Twin Lakes, on the left are 3 different falls, one right after another (well kinda). Two below lake Laura, and one from Lillian. I didn’t really intend to go into Lillian, but I got back to my truck at 12:30 from Lk Blethen, and I really didn’t want to go home. Laura is mostly thawed, but the basin is still full of snow. I encountered snow after the regular trail merged with the cheaters rout (near the top). The snowfield isn’t bad and easy to cross. However the next field is right at the top, and I was happy to have my ice ax. Snow Lake is still frozen/slushed over. I didn’t explore, but it appears possible to skirt around the left shore. Bye - KN
Lillan Falls
Lillan Falls
Lillian 6/8/03
Lillian 6/8/03

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
polarbear

polarbear
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 4:29 pm 
Lake Lillian 6-9-03
Following Huckleberry's suggestion I went to Lake Lillian today. Those waterfalls are great. I had never seen them before and was surprised by their height. I circled around Lake Laura to see if I could get a better vista of the falls from the peninsula that juts out into the lake. Views were ok but by that time the fog was rolling in. At Lake Lillian there was some sun breaking through the mist. There is a blue border of melt around Lake Lillian which makes it nice. Pass temperature was 46F at 10 AM, 57F at 4PM.

ezzeecheese

ezzeecheese
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 12:14 am 
Lake Lillian Rampart Ridge
Hey, A few buddies and I are looking at heading up to Lillian and messing around on Rampart Ridge later this week. Anybody know if snow is gonna be a problem? Also anybody know any great campsites to stay at while up there?

"The powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be." -Dead Poet's Society
Stomp
Terminally Indolent

Stomp
Terminally Indolent
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 7:04 pm 
ezzeecheese wrote:
A few buddies and I are looking at heading up to Lillian and messing around on Rampart Ridge later this week. Anybody know if snow is gonna be a problem?
Depends on how much you like snow. I got up to Lillian on the 15th, and it still looked very much like that picture up yonder. The snow is melting with gusto (based on a trip to Laura yesterday), but there's plenty more to go. It was also trying desperately to snow at Laura, so I suspect there's some fresh stuff up above.

# Stomp (fifty score key-tapping monkeys)
polarbear

polarbear
PostSat Jul 12, 2003 2:45 pm 
A few photos from this hike.
falls
falls
Ssssssss
Ssssssss
lillian
lillian
lillian2
lillian2

nbahricm15

nbahricm15
PostSat Jul 12, 2003 5:43 pm 
lillian
Hey just wondering what Lillian is like now that the warmer weather is here. How much snow is left and how frozen is the lake still. Im going up there in about 2 weeks

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
polarbear

polarbear
PostSat Jul 12, 2003 5:50 pm 
I suspect the snow is long gone now.