Forum Index > Trip Reports > White Pass to Buesh lake 7/13,14
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Robcat

Robcat
PostSun Jul 13, 2003 9:25 pm 
Well, how to sum up this trip. Y'know the look on Hannibal Lector's face when he's lusting for blood? Paste that face onto those of the 10 billion or so mosquitos that were lurking in wait for us at Buesh lake, and you're almost there. The hike in and out was great, lots of snags though. We past many small, stagnant ponds along the trail, labratory-perfect breeding grounds for blood suckers. I've seen "bad" bug zones before, but I've never seen them this thick or agressive. They laughed at the DEET we kept hosing ourselves down with. I used more DEET last night than I did all last summer, including a 6 day trip on the PCT. We were so stoked to get outside finally, that I forgot my journal, forgot a book, even fogot the whiskey!! Never Ever Again! On the postitive side, I am finally happy with my pack weight, I havn't weighed it yet with this load, but I would guess it's somewhere around 27 lbs or so. Having my Hennessy Hammock with me was like having my own personal bug-free cloud to lay on. If ever you have to spend hours and hours besieged by vampire bugs, the Hennessy is the way to go! At least now I know where not to go. R

"Wildness is the preservation of the world..."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
hikermike

hikermike
PostMon Jul 14, 2003 10:59 pm 
bugs
I went to Paris Creek this weekend, not ONE bug, no views though

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message