Forum Index > Food & Grub > favorite trail snack?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostSat Jun 30, 2007 8:03 am 
One of the reasons I joined this group of folks:
touron wrote:
Maybe I should drop a few leaflets promoting Pop Tarts. We aren't talking about food here, just nutrition. Pop Tarts are beyond food. You can't describe them in terms of food. If you try, you will fail. It's like ambrosia, the nectar of the gods, but in solid form. Where I work you can buy two (2) from the vending machine for $.40. That is quite the bargain. That's 8 for $3.20. See if your QFC can match that, even if you're a club member. Alot of kids parents don't buy them Pop Tarts because parents aren't always smart, as most kids know. But me, when I was little I add this allergy to eggs. My skin would break out in a rash. So on Sundays when the siblings got doughnuts, cinamon rolls, and butterhorns, which were x'd from my diet, I got to eat Pop Tarts cuz' they agreed with my allergy. The nectar of the gods. Sometimes God has to bonk parents over the head with an allergy to make them buy nutritious stuff. up.gif up.gif Pop Tarts do add weight, but if you buy the unfrosted ones they weigh less, and plus they have small holes poked in them which make them lighter. What makes the whole thing heavy is the toaster. I hate carrying the toaster along, and the small generator to power the toaster. I'd be curious how other hikers handle this. What does everyone do?
borank.gif borank.gif rotf.gif ykm.gif rotf.gif ykm.gif rotf.gif ykm.gif toothbrush.gif

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message