Forum Index > Trip Reports > Robin Lake
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Reuben

Reuben
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 8:57 pm 
The trail is snow free and the lake is clear of ice. I was surrounded by goats from 8am until 8pm, the baby goats are rally cool but having a dozen adults surrounding my tent was not. The bugs were out Tuesday but Wednesday was pretty clear. Keep in mind the trail to this lake is anything but easy, even the goats would probably choose a different path. Enjoy the photos, I will work on the blisters and bug bites. frown.gif Reuben

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
JimK

JimK
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 9:01 pm 
Even though a previous thread determined that this is an awful, horrible, and thoroughly terrible place, your photos are very nice.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 10:17 pm 
Reuben, fantastic job! thanks for the shots, and the case of envy!!! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 3:23 pm 
Awesome photos. Thanks for the report.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 12:47 am 
Wow, how on earth did you get the baby goat to hold still in mid-air like that? The two middle pictures are some of the best I've seen. Great job. Even though I've heard that place really stinks, I may just have to take a jaunt up there to experience it myself!

Reuben

Reuben
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 8:38 am 
Thanks for all the compliments on the photos; it was a nice day to be up there. If you go on a weekend and there are a lot of campers the goats will stay in the hills but Monday they invade the lake looking for salt. If you have to go select a rock some distance from camp. The camp site that is part of a natural bridge separating the two lakes is basically like goat I405. For me it was a little to much camping there, next time I will camp in a different spot.
goat2
goat2

Eric
Peak Geek

Eric
Peak Geek
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 12:27 pm 
Reuben your pics kick all ass known to mankind. I recall that you had some very nice pics of Blanca Lake looking very still with a nice reflection as well recently. Anyway, that goat pic is simply outstanding. Snapping him in the air is very impressive, a little bit of luck plus great timing resulted in a great photo. I love how the goat is acting like a parent just standing there looking relaxed with the bent leg but at the same time cautious enough to be watching you and looking right at the camera while the kid is playfully bounding around. The light purplish shades on the second picture are great as well. up.gif