Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Absent NWHikers
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostThu Aug 16, 2007 4:57 pm 
Quote:
rubberlegs but I don't know what his latest incarnation is.
Rubberlegs was going to join up with Stefan, Randy, and I for last weekend's outing up Snowfield. He is still out there but I haven't seen him posting. Maybe just lurking.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Eric
Peak Geek

Eric
Peak Geek
PostThu Aug 16, 2007 5:04 pm 
I believe his nombre is now that of a very difficult summit in Asia. The writing styles are easier to remember a person by than the ever-changing names for some folks.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Aug 16, 2007 5:26 pm 
The latest incarnation would be under this ID.

borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 5:35 pm 
Here’s a pseudo breakdown of the member list. Why? Because this is the kind of doofus stuff I do from time to time. Missing members who have posted significantly in the past (greater than ~125 post – I got tired of wading through the list): Distant Memory (no posts in 2+ years) - Miss Normandy, MooseAndSquirrel, tk-421, Bob K, Smokey, Flash Gordon, lagerman, wazzuhiker, hikerjo, Snowshoe Hare, WrongBridge Gone (no posts in 1-2 years) – the lykkens, frankm3, radninjaskills, Duncan, Odonata, Blue Dome, johnahl, newdawnfades, C Dog, aestivate, Jill, Larry, Bushwacker Going? (no posts in 6-12 months) – WTCrocker, Skinem, Justan, Kevin, blue tuberosa, liembo, Jennanik, Ulrich, Dustin07, scm007, ice girl, tennessee treader, marylou*, jabenoi, marzsit, GrizzDaddy, Catwoman, Plinko, Pianodirt Taking a break (3+ months) – Hiker Boy, David, Overlander, Erik the Nav, justybug, treewalker, Vidalia, El Puma, Timber Cruiser, marionthegoat, summitseeker, treasureblue, scot’teryx, Jamin S, hopalong, steppinrazor RIP (you will be remembered!) – oosik, Oldtimer, Edd Current insignificant statistics (dynamic numbers - obviously): There are 334 members who have >100 posts Of those, there are 267 with >150 posts Of those, there are 202 with >250 posts Of those, there are 138 with >500 posts Of those, there are 75 with >1000 posts Of the 60+ missing members listed above, there are only 25 with >250 posts. Of the 178 remaining (active) members with >250 posts, all but about a dozen have posted within the last 2 weeks. The vast majority of members who were active at the time they joined have stayed active, including nearly all of the original members from December 2001. Some members have changed their handle (several times) but are still active. Some memorable posters had a very modest output.

summithound
Climbing Connoisseur

summithound
Climbing Connoisseur
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 5:40 pm 
borank wrote:
Taking a break (3+ months) – Hiker Boy, David, Overlander, Erik the Nav, justybug, treewalker, Vidalia, El Puma, Timber Cruiser, marionthegoat, summitseeker, treasureblue, scot’teryx, Jamin S, hopalong, steppinrazor
I think we scared off Jamin after he got barraged by our members for pummeling a snake to death... poor guy. shakehead.gif

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 5:49 pm 
skimpyphud wrote:
I think we scared off Jamin after he got barraged by our members for pummeling a snake to death... poor guy. shakehead.gif
That bashing he got was pretty bad, not completely undeserved, but not why he left. He found God instead.
Jamin Smitchger wrote:
I realize that for the past 12 months or so I have been posting with the wrong attitude in my heart. I have been striving to gain recognition and respect and stoke my ego. In other words, I have been a glory chaser. I have recently come much closer to God than I have ever been in my life, and I believe that God desires me to be humble. As a result, I will rarely if ever post again on nwhikers.net or cascadeclimbers.com. My apologies to anyone I have offended.

summithound
Climbing Connoisseur

summithound
Climbing Connoisseur
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 5:57 pm 
confused.gif Weird.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 6:04 pm 
I think your numbers could be faulty. I recall recent posts by some in the "no posts in 6-12 months" category. Edit: Oops never mind. Getting members confused

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 6:24 pm 
Wrongbridge is around. He posts on BP under Olyhiker. Saw him a couple weeks ago and he is doing well smile.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
oldwhiner

oldwhiner
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 7:00 pm 
Scrooge wrote:
MaryLou
up.gif ditto on MaryLou. Cracking up while reading her posts got me addicted to nwhikers, and my wife peaking over my shoulder. R U lurking, ML?

Dreaming - a wistful dilemma between hope and disappointment, perpetuated by occasional bouts of happiness.
Tazz

Tazz
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 8:16 pm 
wonder why they left? hmmm.gif rolleyes.gif

touron

touron
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 8:19 pm 
Maybe we should have a penalty for being absent. Who took the attendance today? (I was present but arrived after the bell)

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 8:22 pm 
Snowshoe Hare. Funny poster before my time.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Tazz

Tazz
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 8:25 pm 
i was wondering about snowshoe hare too. I believe he might be someone else on the board but not too sure dizzy.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 8:51 pm 
Wary wary interesting information..... Tanks Borankski.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln