Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Lung Brush??
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Hiker Chick

Hiker Chick
PostTue Jul 29, 2003 10:06 pm 
Has anyone see the classic SNL episode with Chris Farley and the "lung brush"? It was supposed to be used by smokers to get the tar out of their lungs. If any of you have one, I would greatly appreciate if you could loan it to me, so I could clean out this bronchial infection. Thanks!! dizzy.gif hockeygrin.gif dizzy.gif hockeygrin.gif

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito. Silence is golden and duct tape is silver. I don't write trip reports.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
polarbear

polarbear
PostWed Jul 30, 2003 7:17 am 
Having a bug in the middle of summer is the worst. One of my earlier childhood memories is being confined in side on a hot day until my temperature dropped. mad.gif Get well soon. drink.gif

Hiker Chick

Hiker Chick
PostWed Jul 30, 2003 7:26 am 
Thanks PB. I actually had to cancel all of my clients today. frown.gif I see several kids on ventilators, so obviously, I am the plague to them!

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito. Silence is golden and duct tape is silver. I don't write trip reports.
Larry

Larry
PostWed Jul 30, 2003 11:08 am 
I had a bronchial thing going on last summer about this time. Knocked me down for several weeks...I'm a healthy guy, but this one really got me. Drink lots of water, that seemed to really help me. By the way, HikerChick, I've finished that book by Steven Pinker on "The Language Instinct"...I'm blown away by the unbelievable "tools" that are used in even forming words...the larynx, palate, nasal passages, tongue, teeth and lips all being used in a nearly infinite variety for forming language sounds...pretty neat.

Stefan

Stefan
PostWed Jul 30, 2003 12:16 pm 
Larry wrote:
By the way, HikerChick, I've finished that book by Steven Pinker on "The Language Instinct"...I'm blown away by the unbelievable "tools" that are used in even forming words...the larynx, palate, nasal passages, tongue, teeth and lips all being used in a nearly infinite variety for forming language sounds...pretty neat.
Is the English language that has only 40 "sounds" to it? Or am I off my rocker?

Art is an adventure.
Hiker Chick

Hiker Chick
PostWed Jul 30, 2003 6:22 pm 
Stefan, you are very close. The English language has about 50 sounds that comprise our phonetic system. However, the number can vary due to regional dialects. (this is of course discounting any sounds you may make if you drop a hammer on your toe!!) lol.gif