Forum Index > The Trading Post > Rare $25 off $100+ REI Coupon (Valid for Sale Items)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Nov 20, 2007 12:51 am 
Coupon code: WMPRT7 (expires 11/25) Free in-store shipping Use your REI Visa card to get a 5% rebate on REI purchases Use ebates.com to get another 3% rebated on REI purchases (new members get a $10 bonus for signing up here and I'll get a $10 referral wink.gif ) Example: Need new snowshoes? $125 Atlas 1025 snowshoes or Atlas 1023 (Womens) (Reg $180) (25) coupon 9 tax ---- 109 (5) REI Visa rebate (3) 3% ebate (10) ebate signup bonus --- 91 $140 MSR Denali Evo Ascents (Reg $200) (25) coupon 10 tax --- 125 (5) REI Visa rebate (3) 3% ebate (10) ebate signup bonus --- 107

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Nov 20, 2007 1:45 am 
Nice!

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
SlowWalker
Perma-grinner

SlowWalker
Perma-grinner
PostTue Nov 20, 2007 3:05 pm 
Fantastic! I've been waiting for a 20% off coupon to come out for weeks. This is even better. Thanks! edit: looks like your need to buy $100 worth for the coupon to work. the item I'm getting is $99.95 and the coupon code wouldn't take. I added a $1.50 power bar and it worked! up.gif PS Looks like it expires on Nov 25.

payton

payton
PostTue Nov 20, 2007 3:59 pm 
Thanks, Tom. Do you know if you can use the coupon for in-store purchases? I'll be down in Portland for Thanksgiving weekend and might buy something in the store there (tax-free).

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Nov 20, 2007 4:02 pm 
Order it for in-store pickup in the Portland store. Then it'll be waiting for you when you arrive, without tax, and at the lesser amount.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Nov 20, 2007 4:54 pm 
Just to clarify, this coupon works best for sale items (or a combination of sale items) totaling $100 or more. Most REI coupons (i.e. the 20% off coupons) exclude sale items, so that's what's rare about this one. If you are purchasing a non-sale item over $125, you're probably better off waiting for a 20% off coupon (since you'll save more than $25). Also, I'm pretty sure this coupon can be used multiple times, so if you're oredering a bunch of sale stuff, it makes sense to split your order for maximum efficiency.

payton

payton
PostTue Nov 20, 2007 5:04 pm 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
Order it for in-store pickup in the Portland store. Then it'll be waiting for you when you arrive, without tax, and at the lesser amount.
That would be a good idea, but doesn't work for me because I still need to confer w/ my sister's whether they think it would be a good xmas gift for my Dad. I doubt I could order it early enough to arrive at the store before I leave Portland.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Nov 20, 2007 5:26 pm 
I'd just order it. You can cancel it later without ever having to pick it up if you change your mind. But yes, you can use this coupon (or any REI coupon) in store as long as you have the code.

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker
PostTue Nov 20, 2007 8:01 pm 
Wow, you can almost get it at REI at regular online prices with that coupon. Add tax in though and it's still a toss up. Unless I need it RIGHT now, REI still sucks on prices.

You call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye......Eagles
SlowWalker
Perma-grinner

SlowWalker
Perma-grinner
PostTue Nov 20, 2007 8:24 pm 
I used it in the Seattle store on my way home from work this evening on this ice axe. The 2 employees I talked to hadn't heard of this coupon, but when the cashier saw the code he asked if I got it at the Warren Miller movie. "yep"

meandmyaussies

meandmyaussies
PostTue Nov 20, 2007 10:10 pm 
Tom wrote:
Coupon code: WMPRT7 (expires 11/25) Free in-store shipping Use your REI Visa card to get a 5% rebate on REI purchases Use ebates.com to get another 3% rebated on REI purchases (new members get a $10 bonus for signing up here and I'll get a $10 referral wink.gif )
Thanks for the heads-up, Tom. Been waiting for a deal on snowshoes and this was it. Also have been looking for a good pair of winter boots that I could use for hiking, snowshoeing, etc. and found those also (Salomon Scrambler FG TS Winter Boots) and, as luck would have it, they were also on sale. This is the message I got re: your coupon on checkout: WMPRT7: You saved $25.10 on 2 items with this coupon. Not sure how the 3% works and there was no mention of the $10 when I signed up but looking in my eBates account I saw this: Sign Up Bonus Pending $5.00 ... So it looks like you owe me 5 bucks. wink.gif Seriously though, I basically got a pair of snowshoes and a great pair of boots for about the same price I would have paid for less than just the shoes at full price (217.68 at checkout not including the $5 signup bonus and rebates). Cheers. Rich

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Nov 20, 2007 10:16 pm 
You need to follow the link I provided to get the $10 (no need to enter my email). When I click on it it says "You and your referrer will both get $10". Also, you need to click on the REI shopping link from ebates to get the 3% back. It takes a few weeks for the credit to show up at ebates.