Forum Index > Trail Talk > Picture of the Day (Archive 3)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
javman

javman
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 2:02 pm 
Quark - Me and a buddy had hiked up a nasty, overgrown, snow-covered logging road on the west side of the Olys. We were walking back to the truck towards the sunset, and I stopped and turned around to say something, but instead saw the last sunlight hitting the top of the ridge and the moon looming above. I had just enough time to set up the tripod & telephoto. Taken with a Nikon D200 & 80-400mm telephoto at around 270mm I think. Wish the moon would've been about 10 minutes behind schedule! ... is that what you meant by expound? smile.gif

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 3:39 pm 
pix of day, moon over snowy ridge with alpenglow
javman, thank you...I was wondering. Great camera and terrific you managed the tripod set-up. I love my point and shoot Samsung, but there are so many limitations. I gave up tripod years ago....just never had the time to set up, etc....and the darned thing weighed a ton....those old fashion ones. I had a tiny tripod, but could never get down or up and manage the thing. Have no idea where it disappeared (with so many things missing) when moving in 2004. Your image is perfect.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 3:41 pm 
pix of day, seashore sunset
Okay, Sore Feet, tell all about your wondere shot! It is most spectacular! There is a feeling of absolute calm....almost a sacred sense of being. Beautiful in the most explicit meaning of the word.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 5:45 pm 
Sore Feet wrote:
Shows off the place and conveys the mood of the moment perfectly! up.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 8:07 pm 
Romping around in Wallace Falls State Park:
Wallace Falls State Park, Washington Jan 20th 2008.
Wallace Falls State Park, Washington Jan 20th 2008.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 8:22 pm 
javman wrote:
Quark - Me and a buddy ... is that what you meant by expound? smile.gif
javman wrote:
Moonrise @ Sunset
Yes, thanks! I love that photo!

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 pm 
Today was great for getting up high and bagging peaks!
Working Towards Point 5459'
Working Towards Point 5459'
Slopes about Half Way Down from the Top
Slopes about Half Way Down from the Top

Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 9:05 pm 
foto of the day
Walk along old logging road bed through woodland allows several  views.  Wallace Falls State Park.  01.20.08
Walk along old logging road bed through woodland allows several views. Wallace Falls State Park. 01.20.08
Massing of Wild Sky peaks from Startup town, US Route 2.  01.20.08
Massing of Wild Sky peaks from Startup town, US Route 2. 01.20.08
A fine day it was, yesterday.
Blurred better than no foto at all!  By the time I reached clearing, the alpine glow had faded from the high slopes.  01.20.08.  Wallace Falls State Park.
Blurred better than no foto at all! By the time I reached clearing, the alpine glow had faded from the high slopes. 01.20.08. Wallace Falls State Park.
Apologies for hand held camera. The moment was so exciting!

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 9:11 pm 
Quark wrote:
javman wrote:
Quark - Me and a buddy ... is that what you meant by expound? smile.gif
javman wrote:
Moonrise @ Sunset
Yes, thanks! I love that photo!
I can't believe it. I saw that exact same moon today coming home. The color in the sky was amazing. I thought, if only I could get a picture of it. YOU DID IT! Great Job!!!! up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif

.....leaving me wanting to return over and over in what ever capacity that may be, even if one day my knees are too old and I can only see the mountains from my porch. Jason Hummel
JimK

JimK
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 9:13 pm 
Sabahsboy, Were you heading up the railroad grade around 4:40 PM on Sunday? Were you walking one big dog and one huge dog?

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 9:21 pm 
Pütz-in-Boots wrote:
Hey Pineapple...you ever gonna post a TR again or are you just gonna tease us to death with all your perdy pictures. clown.gif
Hi PiB - TRs are so much work. I'll probably post one of today's trip though.

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 9:40 pm 
Sabahsboy wrote:
Okay, Sore Feet, tell all about your wondere shot! It is most spectacular! There is a feeling of absolute calm....almost a sacred sense of being. Beautiful in the most explicit meaning of the word.
Well thanks first of all. Don't know that theres anything to tell really. HJT caught the much better show from this side of the Olys, there was hardly a cloud in the sky on the coast, so I had to work with what I was given.

javman

javman
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 10:32 pm 
Thanks Quark, Sabahsboy, and goats gone wild! Which beach is that Sore Feet? Shi Shi? I think you captured it perfectly.

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 11:52 pm 
javman wrote:
Which beach is that Sore Feet? Shi Shi? I think you captured it perfectly.
Second

Gil

Gil
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 11:59 pm 
grass
grass

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini