Forum Index > Trip Reports > Gothic Basin
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSun Sep 07, 2003 9:43 pm 
No big trail news. Same trail, the place is still great. Only one other party at the Basin. Lots of red and orange foliage in the mountains. Great trip to a lovely destination. I kept waiting for the hard part of the trail to come up like I remembered it a few years ago, but it never did. Guess I'm in better shape than I thought, after being a slug most of the summer. Saw a group of climbers coming down, including a little kid. Upon inquiry, the proud pop told me his son (he looked about 7 y.o.) climbed Del Campo with the rest of the troupe. I called out to compliment the kid on his success, and he just about stepped off the trail when he turned to look at me. That'd be a bummer - a little kid like that climbing Del Campo only to drop about 3,000 feet off the trail all because I can't keep my mouth shut. Anyway, what a great kid! Ate at Los Flamingos in GF on the way home. Their WTA "Hungry Hikers Award" certificate is proudly displayed near the fish tank in the lobby. Alleujia, the rain is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It rained so hard on Mtn Loop I could hardly see out the windshield! Lightning, too. It was great! Sure we almost died a time or two, but it was great anyway.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message