Forum Index > Trip Reports > Barclay Lake
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Sep 09, 2003 12:18 am 
Tanja, Daisy and I went up to Barclay for a family hike, and we managed to dodge the rain as well as other hikers. There was none of either. We started out with lunch at the Sultan Bakery burger.gif, then took our baked goodies up to the lake for a little picnic. The lake seems about half empty. I found a place where Daisy could get in and out of the lake without going through mud, so we tossed a tennis ball for her to fetch for at least an hour straight. We then strolled up to the end of the lake, and watched as the surrounding mountains appeared and disappeared behind wispy clouds. Tanja agreed to drive home, so I broke out the hooch and partook a little. drink.gif There were a few fall colors out, and it definitely didn't feel like summer anymore. We had planned to go into Leavenworth after a quick hike to get the weinerschnitzel at Andreaskeller, maybe even get to hear Otto play the accordion and sing "Que Sera, Sera" and "Edelweiss", but we spent too much time at the lake so we headed home through all the rain we missed earlier. A great family day.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message