Forum Index > Trip Reports > TNAB: Full Blast on Fuller Mtn 3/27/08
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
rdyhiker

rdyhiker
PostSat Mar 29, 2008 3:21 pm 
Good job on the write-up, Yet! Glad my first hike was one you were able to do in between nursing school this year. Hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Another word about those yummy, greasy onion rings... man, the post-consumption rumblings led to more than just lost sleep. I tried to power through yesterday, but was felled by it all afternoon/evening/this morning to the point that it was only a couple hours ago that I was able to drag myself from bed. Mentioning it here, not to acquaint you all with my digestive functions, embarassedlaugh.gif biggrin.gif but to issue a warning ... and to plead for help in saving me from myself... I've been known to have a (deliberately) short memory of what ails me physically... if I even think about ordering rings again anytime in the next month, someone stop me please. rolleyes.gif dizzy.gif A couple more pics:
Steve N. (The Phantom Hiker) eclipsing the setting sun
Steve N. (The Phantom Hiker) eclipsing the setting sun
Kiefer and Rowena
Kiefer and Rowena
Troy (mountainsun?), Peggy, Joseph (GQ Joe Hiker), "Just" Todd
Troy (mountainsun?), Peggy, Joseph (GQ Joe Hiker), "Just" Todd
Anyone know what peaks these are?
Anyone know what peaks these are?
Troy and Steve (yukon222)
Troy and Steve (yukon222)
An admin Q: yesterday morning I was receiving an e-mail alert every time there was a new post to this thread. But they stopped sometime early afternoon. I logged into nwhikers a little while ago figuring there must be at least one new post on this thread only to find a dozen or more. And now I've started receiving the e-mails again. Why would they have stopped yesterday and this morning? Do you need to keep adding a post to keep receiving them?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
yukon222

yukon222
PostSat Mar 29, 2008 3:38 pm 
Sounds like you have "always notify me of replies" clicked on Yes in your Member profile. Change it to no and the email alerts should stop.

rdyhiker

rdyhiker
PostSat Mar 29, 2008 3:40 pm 
yukon222 wrote:
Sounds like you have "always notify me of replies" clicked on Yes in your Member profile. Change it to no and the email alerts should stop.
Thanks for the response, yukon. The alerts are fine. I'm just wondering why they suddenly stopped and then just as suddenly started again when I hadn't changed any settings.

yukon222

yukon222
PostSat Mar 29, 2008 3:49 pm 
Might be do to Yet editing the trip report this morning, adding her info at the beginning of the report and changing the trip title.

rdyhiker

rdyhiker
PostSat Mar 29, 2008 3:52 pm 
Ah, that makes total sense. Thanks!

Yet

Yet
PostSat Mar 29, 2008 6:32 pm 
yukon222 wrote:
Good recap of the night's events, Yet! No description though of the bouncy log over Ten Mile creek with people rattling the rope? embarassedlaugh.gif That is one slick log, especially with a little snow/ice on it.
Oh, I had slight amnesia on this one. The first time in, Mark was goofing around and bouncing the log as I was crossing, and I actually fell in. eek.gif No harm done, I gracefully embarassedlaugh.gif jumped to the side as I completed the crossing and made him carry my pack later.
...do they know we didn't bring brownies?
rdyhiker, I truly enjoyed meeting you! Don't you worry, you'll see me again. smile.gif

Schmidt Alti-Dude
4th class poster

Schmidt Alti-Dude
4th class poster
PostSat Mar 29, 2008 6:35 pm 
If anybody wants to finish labeling the peaks in this pano that would be appreciated.
View from the lookout
29 labels
View from the lookout

Anything stated by me in no way reflects the attitudes or opinions of my wife
gone

gone
PostSat Mar 29, 2008 9:07 pm 
yukon222 wrote:
Eric, the other thing you might find helpful is a radio. We usually have 4 or 5 scattered among the hikers. Just double check the frequency we'll be using that night before leaving the cars, then you can buzz someone for directions, etc.
A radio - great idea! Any make/model recommendations?

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostSat Mar 29, 2008 9:23 pm 
Pretty much any cheap FRS / GMRS should work. Important thing is to verify connectivity (radios on, same channels selected on both, volume up loud enough to hear voices) before taking off on the trail. smile.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSat Mar 29, 2008 9:38 pm 
Quote:
Yet, every pic of you I have ever seen is dripping with your vibrant, exhuberant personality. You're so awesomely photogenic. I hate your stinking guts.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
gone

gone
PostSat Mar 29, 2008 9:44 pm 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
Pretty much any cheap FRS / GMRS should work.
Thanks Mike. I don't even know what that means, but apparently my wife does, as she just informed me that we own a pair of Motorola Talkabout FV700R FRS/GMRS radios, still in the package. Seems she picked them up for trail-play with our daughter, but never got around to trying them out. So now all I need is a second brighter headlamp!

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostSat Mar 29, 2008 9:59 pm 
<grin> Yep! You're good to go! up.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst

Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst
PostSun Mar 30, 2008 8:01 pm 
Regarding all of the above: hockeygrin.gif up.gif agree.gif I love it - a viral TR!

Cheers, Mesahchie Mark
WildCelticRose
Oooh ! Shiny !

WildCelticRose
Oooh ! Shiny !
PostSun Mar 30, 2008 8:41 pm 
I'm bummed to have missed this one. Fuller was my first TNAB hike. The GOOD news this year is, I should be able to make every other week (when I'm in town, I do have a few trips planned) as I now work ten hour shifts and have every other Friday and Monday off. That means I can drive my truck (all tuned up and has new shoes) into work on Thursday (traffic at 5:00 AM is not all that bad), and get off just in time to meet up, hike and not have to worry about a 4:00 wakeup call the next morning. Woo Hoo !!! ~L (who has been doing more running and biking the last few weeks and is dying to hike)

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. John Muir
wamtngal

wamtngal
PostSun Mar 30, 2008 8:52 pm 
ewb wrote:
So now all I need is a second brighter headlamp!
Get the Petzl Myo XP, ewb, you'll love it. It has a very bright mode, semi-bright mode and economy mode. The very bright mode is for those times you are all by yourself. Oh and it has a blinking mode too. wink.gif paranoid.gif

Opinions expressed here are my own.