Forum Index > Trip Reports > TNAB Swarms Lil Si! 4/3/08
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst

Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 12:17 am 
TNAB 2008 completed its tour of the North Bend "blobs" with a trip to Lil Si. It was a beautiful evening, almost warm. Accordingly, we had a large turnout. Quite large, in fact. Attending were (in no particular order): Don (Malachai) Troy Magnum Chris Omega Chris Carla (dicey) Sean Jess BarbE Steve (Y222) Schmidt Altitude Colleen Justin Joe Dale Peggy Lesley (Aussie) Lisa (Loper) John (Moosefish) Brian Eric Paul Rich Dale Yet Yours Truly I lost count at 25...if I missed you, that's as high as I can count! smile.gif (name spellings are approximates - do let me know if I need to be set straight) And dogs, too...at least six: Logan Cubbie Keifer Rowena Massie Tokul The hike started after 6 PM. The trail is well-worn, and the mud is largely avoidable. I promised Yet snow, but there was none on the trail. We saw many folks heading out, and one group of climbers doing stuff I can only dream about. Two of our number (who shall remain nameless) took a shortcut/bushwhack/scramble route to the top. They emerged about 20 minutes after the rest of us gathered on the summit. Hmmmm - maybe next time... We exited by 8:30 PM. It was necessary to perform a headcount, a task for which Jeremy seemed well-suited. We never did settle on a final number - hope no one missed a ride! Great to see so many newbies - welcome to TNAB! *A very special thanks to Magnum's friend, who allowed us to park at his local residence, rather than face a potential gate-closing.* A couple pics:
"someone" peed their pants
"someone" peed their pants
Joe waves hello.
Joe waves hello.
Awwww .... Logan is so cute!
Awwww .... Logan is so cute!
dicey, Jess, yukon222
dicey, Jess, yukon222

Cheers, Mesahchie Mark
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 12:46 am 
Hey Mark...thanks for the TR! Sounds like you guys had a good time. Wish I could have made it out but poor scheduling foiled my plans. Looks like you were in plenty of good company, regardless. wink.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Joe

Joe
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 7:38 am 
A few more photos
mt-si
mt-si
north-bend
north-bend
mount-washington
mount-washington
group-at-top
group-at-top

Joe
weekendbiped

weekendbiped
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 8:13 am 
My first time out with TNAB, and I think I'm hooked! Mark and others, thanks for organizing this, and I hope to catch you guys on future outings. Justin

GeoTom

GeoTom
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 9:07 am 
Jasper wanted to go yesterday, but I was still feeling somewhat jet-lagged. Perhaps in the next couple weeks we will make our 2008 TNAB debut. hmmm.gif

Knows literally nothing
loper

loper
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 9:08 am 
Always a good day in the mountains. Thanks for organizing Mark. Was fun to meet everyone and put names to faces for some of the TR I have been reading. Hope I can attend a few more TNAB this summer. Lisa

Unnamed Hiker

Unnamed Hiker
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 9:25 am 
Report from the Dark Side
There was Brush
There was Rock
There was Snow
It was good clown.gif cool.gif agree.gif

doehle
Advanced Slacker

doehle
Advanced Slacker
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 9:32 am 
Fun times
up.gif up.gif It was nice putting faces with names, and meeting so many fun people. Hope to be able to keep making these regularly! Brian

Yet

Yet
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 10:44 am 
Didn't think I'd be able to TNAB this week. frown.gif I was scheduled for my clinicals orientation from 8 am to 5 pm. But in the morning, my clinical instructor said we might be done between 2 and 3 pm. Yay!! biggrin.gif So happily I went on about my day ... The official checking of the watch started at 1 pm. We had 4 more hospital floors to visit and I thought if each one would take 15 minutes, I could be out of there at 2 pm. At least, that was my plan. Sure enough, we were done with the floors by 2 pm! Now she was just going to show us some things on the computer. Okay, I thought, this couldn't take that long. After all, we are going on all-day computer orientation on Saturday. I was wrong, how wrong? Very wrong! My lovely clinical team had questions, wanting to know this, that, and the other. It's a really good group and I am excited to work with each one of my team mates. Still, I wanted to scream, "Enough with the questions! I have to go hiking!" Finally at 2:30 p.m., my instructor says .... "This is the last thing I'm going to show you." But yet another question was asked by my lovely group. But I seized the moment ... "So we're done?" My wonderful instructor says, "Yes ... I was just going to show her ..." I didn't wait to hear the rest as I said, "Okay, thanks, bye!" And ran out of there! embarassedlaugh.gif I called Tish and told her "It's kinda last minute, but I am going to TNAB tonight." She says, "Oh good! We're on our way, too!" Woohoo! Home by 3 pm, picked up by Mark by 4 pm, Eastgate meeting place by 5, North Bend QFC by 5:30, Magnum's friend's special parking place by 6:
The Mob
The Mob
All the way from Sequim.
All the way from Sequim.
The whippets get attention from "Uncle Steve."
4 labels
The whippets get attention from "Uncle Steve."
Hiking Little Si shortly after! I playfully predicted that we might have 30 hikers today. I was close! Pretty poses at the top.
I'm ...
1 label
I'm ...
Too sexy for my shirt.
Too sexy for my shirt.
It hurts.
It hurts.
On the way out, I realized ... Little Si is perfect in the twilight, especially with the chatter, laughter, and company of dear friends nearby. I was just content to be there, and happy, and blissful. Tish shared her ear buds so we could listen to Gwen Stefani but the cord wasn't quite long enough for both of us when we had to hike single file. Hers kept pulling out of her ear; I knew how to hold mine in. tongue.gif Didn't need headlamps! Topped off the evening with another visit to the North Bend Bar & Grill. Now I have to go write an apology email to my clinical instructor. huh.gif wink.gif smile.gif

Yet

Yet
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 10:49 am 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
Wish I could have made it out but poor scheduling foiled my plans.
Missed you last night, DHM! Have to work on those scheduling skills. wink.gif

BarbE

BarbE
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 1:04 pm 
You haven't seen nothin' Yet. Hah, I crack myself up. My first TNAB and I'm looking forward to many more.

wamtngal

wamtngal
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 1:07 pm 
Looks like a fun time! Sorry I missed it and sorrier to miss some of the crazy kats who attended. Next week... agree.gif

Opinions expressed here are my own.
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 1:33 pm 
Quote:
I was unaware that Angeline Jolie was a hiker, let alone a TNABer.

Yet

Yet
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 2:27 pm 
BarbE wrote:
You haven't seen nothin' Yet. Hah, I crack myself up. My first TNAB and I'm looking forward to many more.
Oh, Barbie. wink.gif Was too fun to have you there. Enjoyed meeting all the new (to me) faces. agree.gif Colleen: Your pup is so adorable! Jess: So glad you could come. And welcome to Washington!! Troy: Congrats on now being a TNAB veteran! Joe: Thanks for sharing that your wife graduated from nursing school last summer. One day I will too! I bet you are happy to have her "back." smile.gif Lisa: Always glad to meet long-time nurses. You know I look up to people like you, right? smile.gif It was a huge group, and I didn't get a chance to chat with everyone. Besides, I'm kinda shy. wink.gif

yukon222

yukon222
PostFri Apr 04, 2008 2:57 pm 
Great turnout, both in quantity and quality! up.gif Trail was a little muddy here and there but nothing of any consequence. Looking forward to future TNAB's!
Extreme Team Schmidt - Looking for faster descent route
Extreme Team Schmidt - Looking for faster descent route