Forum Index > Trip Reports > Skyscraper Pass, Skyscraper Mountain, MRNP 09/12/2003
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostSat Sep 13, 2003 6:29 am 
Another great trip report with super pics. It rained most of the week on the eastside as well but this weekend I was stuck in post graduate classes at the U of W so your report makes me jealous. I'd rather be cold at 6300 feet than bored to death listening to stuff that puts me to sleep (the course was on nitrous oxide and sedative pharmacology) dizzy.gif

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostMon Sep 15, 2003 12:03 pm 
Another boring trip to Sunrise
Nice pics Alan. The vertical hoary marmot pic is especially good IMO. up.gif smile.gif

Larry

Larry
PostMon Sep 15, 2003 3:58 pm 
MooseAndSquirrel wrote:
Nice pics Alan. The vertical hoary marmot pic is especially good IMO. up.gif smile.gif
Yes, it was a good pic Moose and Squirrel. I've got to ask you though, What's with the obese squirrel in your avatar picture? Are you simply enthralled with the porky small mammals, such as fat squirrels and corpulent marmots? embarassedlaugh.gif

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostMon Sep 15, 2003 5:41 pm 
Larry wrote:
MooseAndSquirrel wrote:
Yes, it was a good pic Moose and Squirrel. I've got to ask you though, What's with the obese squirrel in your avatar picture? Are you simply enthralled with the porky small mammals, such as fat squirrels and corpulent marmots? embarassedlaugh.gif
Larry, you're certainly obsessing on my squirrel-half, sir. hmmm.gif Do you like to hang around beaver ponds, rodent dens, and other mammalian abodes? You know, there's laws against that in all 50 states & District of Columbia! (Well, maybe excluding that vermin-infested capital) Remember too, it's almost fall and time to fatten up for winter- I'm just ahead of the game so to speak [honey, pass those nuts pleez-burp).

Larry

Larry
PostMon Sep 15, 2003 6:26 pm 
The Moose half of the Moose/Squirrel duo wrote: Larry, you're certainly obsessing on my squirrel-half, sir. You are right. I didn't realize that I was making so many squirrelly comments, until I got to looking at past posts with 'squirrel' as the Search term. I'm going to turn my attention away from squirrels. Maybe start concentrating on shrews and lemmings. agree.gif Keep your eyes peeled for some lemming stories soon. They'll knock your socks off...a very interesting subject.

Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostMon Sep 15, 2003 6:52 pm 
Hey, what about the elusive Mountain Beaver? Now those are cool critters....that destroy most anything we have around here.

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostMon Sep 15, 2003 6:54 pm 
Larry, you know coin or stamp collecting can be a very rewarding hobby. You don't really want to bother with my little shrew and lemming friends do you? That's all I have to say about this, say goodnight Moose. (Moose: "goodnight Squirrel!")

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostMon Sep 15, 2003 6:57 pm 
Alan Bauer wrote:
Hey, what about the elusive Mountain Beaver? Now those are cool critters....that destroy most anything we have around here.
Okay, I'm just tucking little Squirrel in.... Except mountains apparently- too hard on their teeth!

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostMon Sep 15, 2003 7:41 pm 
Nice photos of the critters Alan. Cute little rascals. They look like they're posing for you. Anyone ever seen a Mountain Beaver? I've seen some road kill lately that I can't ID and thought it may be one. NN

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.