Forum Index > Trip Reports > MRNP, 9/15/2003
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostMon Sep 15, 2003 8:30 pm 
ChristyE, 2 of her daughters, Ford and me met up in Puyallup at the Krispy Kreme shack, and carpooled up towards Paradise. We decided to have a relaxed day. We went up to Snow Lake first. Heading back we went down to the bigger of the 2 Bench Lakes to have a snack. Had a great view of Rainer-though I pulled out shots from the same angle a month ago, and ouch, that is one exposed Mt!! We went up to Paradise afterwards and had a picnic lunch in the pking lot. As we stood there we saw a wispy grey cloud filter in slowly. We decided to play Touron and headed up Dead Horse Creek Trail, watching numerous deer eating in safety. By the time we hit Skyline Trail, the Mt. was socked in completly, and the grey/black cloud was covering everything fast. We headed down in a very cold wind wrapped up in winter gear. The prediction is 1"snow at Paradise tonight eek.gif Passed yet more deer, bedding down in the meadows, one mama deer with her 2 kids tucked in under a bush! That was sweet! Eh, it was a lovely, laid back day. I love getting out with my forum hiking buds. Fall is here, and winter is right around the corner-but the colors were awesome today.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostMon Sep 15, 2003 10:25 pm 
Your trip report really made my day. Thanks for all of the useful information!

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message