Forum Index > Trip Reports > bang bang trip to the enchantments
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gorp

gorp
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 12:02 pm 
got a 3 day permit a couple of weeks ago and for some reason hiked in the ten miles and 5700 feet all the first day planning to take 2 days on the way back (this decision perhaps resulted form diminished brain function due to excitement). the last pitch from snow lakes is a beast, especially running out of water and hiking through lunch. we (barely) made it and were greeted by 50+ mph winds. so much for laying out and watching the meteor shower. Our water filter was broken also. but much to our delight the next day was awesome. this is in the top two of the best places i've been. goats everywhere, got some good pics. scrambled halfway up prusik. we hiked out in 4 hours. looking forward to taking my time next trip (via the shorter route) and seeing the other half of the lakes. ps. what's up at wheaton ezcheeze?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ezzeecheese

ezzeecheese
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 10:33 am 
yo
Hey Sivart!, Read about your trip today and all I can say is that enjoy the splendor and grandeur of Washington to the fullest. For those of us who wish to suffer the rigors of academia separated from our love of mountains and beauty one can only pray for sanity. I don't know exactly what I was thinking coming here but I'm already going nuts thinking about how little elevation there is and how much better Washington is from Illinois. Anyway, if you get this email me at ezzeecheese@msn.com and we can talk it up via the email. Sweet action dude. Toodles. Mark

"The powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be." -Dead Poet's Society
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message