Forum Index > Trail Talk > Picture of the Day (Archive 3)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostFri May 09, 2008 6:51 pm 
Wallace Falls State Park
Something to enjoy during woodland walks this May.
Dicentra formosa
Dicentra formosa
Mahonia nervosa
Mahonia nervosa
Some woodlands abound in trillium displays; many have no trace of this once wide ranging and frequented plant along forested trails, woodlands and undisturbed sites.
Some woodlands abound in trillium displays; many have no trace of this once wide ranging and frequented plant along forested trails, woodlands and undisturbed sites.
Trillium ovatum
Trillium ovatum

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri May 09, 2008 10:05 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Treb, what led up to that happening?
I don't think anything led up to it per say. Vandalism is unfortunately common in the Columbia Gorge. Its hard to find a parking area down there that isn't sprinkled with shattered glass. My car was just parked at the most opportune location. Funny thing is, I had a hinky feeling as I was getting out of the car, and I made sure to grab my watch out of the little pocket in the door I had it sitting in, just in case. Not that losing my watch would have been any big loss (they didn't take anything as it is, but I'm still out almost $300 on the window).

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostSat May 10, 2008 1:50 pm 
Flower Sniffer wrote:
Naturealbeing, I love the salmon berries. V. nice
I'm glad you found them to your liking.
Trevor wrote:
Nb, keep posting your pics.. I enjoy the vision in your images.
Thanks! I enjoy the vision I have that allows me to see the images. Site, what a beautiful thing to treasure and photography, a beautiful thing to share. Now for something different. Because of the nice weather yesterday and a low tide, I fired myself after picking up a piece of cherry veneer in the morning. With my new found freedom I quickly made my way up to Larrabee State Park to walk the beach and see what I could lure into my camera. It didn't take long and here's some of the evidence.
Treasure Map On Rock, 5.9.08.
Treasure Map On Rock, 5.9.08.
I C, 5.9.08.
I C, 5.9.08.
Single Rail, 5.9.08.
Single Rail, 5.9.08.
Overhang Hideout, 5.9.08.
Overhang Hideout, 5.9.08.
Carved Sandstone 2, 5.9.08.
Carved Sandstone 2, 5.9.08.
Roc Buddha, 5.9.08.
Roc Buddha, 5.9.08.
Carved Sandstone, 5.9.08.
Carved Sandstone, 5.9.08.
Roc N Low Tide, 5.9.08.
Roc N Low Tide, 5.9.08.
Butterfly Wings, 5.9.08.
Butterfly Wings, 5.9.08.
Roc N Tree, 5.9.08.
Roc N Tree, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Formation 2, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Formation 2, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Formation 3, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Formation 3, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Formation 4, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Formation 4, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Formation 5, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Formation 5, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Formation 6, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Formation 6, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Formations, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Formations, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Mask, 5.9.08.
Sandstone Mask, 5.9.08.
Sandstone, 5.9.08.
Sandstone, 5.9.08.
Rabbit Mask, 5.9.08.
Rabbit Mask, 5.9.08.
Hindu Goddess, 5.9.08.
Hindu Goddess, 5.9.08.

Starjumper7
Human

Starjumper7
Human
PostSat May 10, 2008 5:01 pm 
Wow up.gif Good mirrors!

Karen²
A Real Canadian Girl

Karen²
A Real Canadian Girl
PostSat May 10, 2008 8:08 pm 
The last time I saw some Red Crossbills I had Ryan with me in a stroller so I only grabbed a quick fuzzy snapshot. At 6 months of age he has not yet quite developed the patience required to photograph birds. lol.gif I came home empty handed after a few more visits, never able to find them again, but on Thursday I sat still and they found me instead. I could hear them in the trees, but with the season’s new foliage I couldn’t pick them out, when all of a sudden they flew right up and landed at my feet! Male is orange/red, female yellow/green.
Red Crossbill
Red Crossbill
Red Crossbill
Red Crossbill
Red Crossbill
Red Crossbill
Red Crossbill
Red Crossbill
Red Crossbill
Red Crossbill

I leave only footprints...and lens caps. http://weekendswithmarmots.zenfolio.com
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSat May 10, 2008 8:16 pm 
A few from Oregon's Painted Hills
Dealing with gusty winds and ever-threatening clouds for the majority of the afternoon, the clouds finally broke to the west and doused Oregon's Painted Hills in bright sunlight, setting them afire beneath an ominous sky.
1 label
Dealing with gusty winds and ever-threatening clouds for the majority of the afternoon, the clouds finally broke to the west and doused Oregon's Painted Hills in bright sunlight, setting them afire beneath an ominous sky.
Painted Hills, Oregon
Painted Hills, Oregon
Painted Hills, Oregon
Painted Hills, Oregon
A blustery, stormy afternoon gives way to a lovely sunset over Oregon's Painted Hills.
A blustery, stormy afternoon gives way to a lovely sunset over Oregon's Painted Hills.

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat May 10, 2008 8:22 pm 
naturealbeing ......... Raising the bar, again. Karen2 ......... Great shots. Sounds like you've got the bird thing figured out: go where you're likely to find them and then have the patience to wait until they get in front of your lens. wink.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSat May 10, 2008 8:46 pm 
Sore Feet wrote:
Painted Hills, Oregon
Painted Hills, Oregon
Drop dead gorgeous!

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat May 10, 2008 9:01 pm 
Way to go Bryan.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSat May 10, 2008 9:05 pm 
Jeez, SF - I don't even know why I try anymore. But what the hell; a couple from today.
Youth on Age
Youth on Age
sedge2
sedge2
snail
snail

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSat May 10, 2008 9:08 pm 
Quark wrote:
But what the hell; a couple from today.
That's it. I am taking my camera somewhere tomorrow. This is insane - so many good photos!

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Andrew

Andrew
PostSat May 10, 2008 9:43 pm 
Sore Feet wrote:
1 label
Bravo! Way to handle a difficult exposure. Did you blend or use filters?

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSat May 10, 2008 10:27 pm 
Andrew wrote:
Sore Feet wrote:
1 label
Bravo! Way to handle a difficult exposure. Did you blend or use filters?
Two filters, no blending.

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat
PostSat May 10, 2008 11:16 pm 
Quark wrote:
snail
snail
The color/texture/detail in this picture is superb, and is way more than I can appreciate with the naked eye. up.gif

.....leaving me wanting to return over and over in what ever capacity that may be, even if one day my knees are too old and I can only see the mountains from my porch. Jason Hummel
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSun May 11, 2008 10:34 am 
GaliWalker wrote:
That's it. I am taking my camera somewhere tomorrow. This is insane - so many good photos!
Inspired by Quark and Sore Feet, I wandered around West Tiger this morning...
Forest floor
Forest floor
Homage to Quark
Homage to Quark
Forest walk
Forest walk
Lush forest
Lush forest