Forum Index > Support & Feedback > How do I contact the web master?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
glissadingduo

glissadingduo
PostSun Jan 19, 2003 7:05 pm 
I registered and know I have the password correct, but I cannot login. I tried to create a new user, but it says the email address is already in use. So what do I do now? I wrote down the password when I registered and also am using the proper case (lowercase). I do not know what to do now. (btw - after I registered I did not receive an email confirmation - was I supposed to? I also chose to not have my email address made public. I registed 2 days ago........ I mention these things in case this has to do with anything!) I cannot seem to find an email address for the webmaster.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Jan 19, 2003 8:14 pm 
Feel free to contact us at admin@nwhikers.net (don't forget to indicate your username).

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostTue May 20, 2008 2:59 pm 
Say....
Tom wrote:
Feel free to contact us at admin@nwhikers.net (don't forget to indicate your username).
Speaking of webmaster, who owns this site? Just a question out of curiousity. Or it might be more than one person who owns this site if thats the case.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue May 20, 2008 4:21 pm 
Depends what you mean by "owns". tongue.gif The account the site runs on and the domain name are both under my name, from space/bandwidth I had extra at the time the site was founded. I basically donated it to the site because it was being paid for already and not being used. Recently, donations from members have reimbursed a majority of the cost. So technically, I'm just the landlord. Tom setup and has maintained the site from the beginning, so I consider it much more of his site. But it's the contributors that make it what it is, so I like to think it belongs to all of us. The whole point has always been to create a community around and focused on our common interests, free from advertising and profit motive.

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostSun May 25, 2008 4:29 pm 
Well said!
Well said! I'm very impressed of how you explained this site.... Thanks! Thats the right way to do it! I'll keep this in mind. Another question of curiousity, how much does it cost to have this site up and continue to run? If it is private, I understand.... Mine cost 7$ a month, and I split the cost with my three friends making it cost 1.75$ per month with 1500 GB's of space..... so far its working out great! Also how much technicle work was done creating this site? I ask these things because I'm working on a site myself (with help from JP). smile.gif Cheers Josh Lewis.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun May 25, 2008 5:12 pm 
Per the donation thread this site costs roughly $1 / day to run. We could run it cheaper but we've opted to pay a premium for a stable / reliable host (pair.com). I can't recall how much time I put in on the technical side but phpbb runs pretty smooth so most of the time invested has to do with creating proprietary custom mods like the wiki picture labeling feature, automatic thumbnailing of pictures / pop up slideshow viewer, posting integration with flickr, imageshack, pbase, smugmug, picasa, etc.