Forum Index > Support & Feedback > I have a question about seaching this site on google...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostTue Jun 24, 2008 1:53 pm 
I seached NWhikers on google, and got this "NWHikers.net - IndexFAQ FAQ · Search Search · Links Links / Pics · Enter Chat Chat / Members · Login Login · Register Register. « Visit, 1 Day, 1 Wk. 1 Mo. All, Yours ... www.nwhikers.net/ - 39k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this Trip Reports Forum Index Trail Talk More results from nwhikers.net »" And some of them were links. I was wondering, how do you get a site to do that when added to google? Is there some kind of thing you fill out?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chippster
Shiver me timbers

Chippster
Shiver me timbers
PostTue Jun 24, 2008 2:11 pm 
are you inquiring how to get your site to the top of the list or how to display it with all the information?

https://nwtd.co Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
RyanS

RyanS
PostTue Jun 24, 2008 2:12 pm 
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Jun 24, 2008 4:14 pm 
If you're searching FOR something in particular and want to specify that they limit their search results to only one site, you can use the site: tag, i.e. Looking for Grebeci at NWHikers.net? Search on "grebeci site:nwhikers.net"

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostWed Jun 25, 2008 3:38 pm 
Well....
Chippster wrote:
are you inquiring how to get your site to the top of the list or how to display it with all the information?
I already have my website at the top of the result wether theres a space or not, what I want is there to be links below that go to different categories. Here's a screen shot
If you notice there are three main links below Trip Reports, Forum Index, and Trail Talk. That was something I was wanting for my site....

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Jun 25, 2008 3:42 pm 
We didn't do anything special for google so I can't tell you how to make it happen. I suspect those are the most popular pages on the site and google is determining it based on information collected via users with the google toolbar.

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostWed Jun 25, 2008 4:04 pm 
ok....
Tom wrote:
We didn't do anything special for google so I can't tell you how to make it happen. I suspect those are the most popular pages on the site and google is determining it based on information collected via users with the google toolbar.
Ok biggrin.gif Thats all I needed to know. I was'nt sure, because my friend was telling me about these crazy things about adding your stuff to google. But that pretty much explains things. Thanks. Cheers Josh Lewis.

rdyhiker

rdyhiker
PostSat Jan 31, 2009 11:28 am 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
If you're searching FOR something in particular and want to specify that they limit their search results to only one site, you can use the site: tag, i.e. Looking for Grebeci at NWHikers.net? Search on "grebeci site:nwhikers.net"
That's very helpful information, DHM. Thanks. Never knew you could do that. I'm still such a neophyte with all this stuff... but beginning to realize just how much I can learn from tooling around this site.