Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Sultan River Road
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dogpatch

Dogpatch
PostSat Oct 04, 2003 9:18 am 
I'd like to get up to some of the old mine sites up the North Fork, Sultan River. The bridge is out at the east end of Spada Lake--does anybody know if the road still exists on the other side of the bridge? I was up there this last week. Headed up the river from the missing bridge, crossed, and then bushwhacked uphill. Didn't find anything resembling a road--seems likely that it has all returned to jungle. But I thought I'd check whether any of you have been up there.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." – Groucho Marx
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gordy Comer

Gordy Comer
PostSun Oct 05, 2003 8:58 am 
The Sultan River road goes at least 5 miles from where you ford the river. It is a fine bike ride. There is an old interpretive sign that tells how forest products are used. There is an old plywood shack, only useful for standing in, waiting out the rain, a breaking bridge, and the road that goes up to the Bren Mac mine. The adit is completely covered with tons of rock. To cross and ford the river, I would suggest old tennis shoes, it is rocky and cold.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message