Forum Index > Trip Reports > Perry Cr
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSun Oct 05, 2003 8:25 pm 
OK, so it may be boring to some of you, but not to me; Perry Cr is one of my favorite easy, "I-Don't-Have-Much-Time-But-I-Want-OUT" trails. I love the humongous trees dripping with the stringy, light green hanging fungi,the moss-covered boulders in the white-motled alder groves, the stone-strewn trail - all encased in wispy, silvery, swirling fog. I almost expect to see a knight in shining armour coming down the trail. Perhaps some day one will. Another thing I love about this trail is that the mountains on the N side of the canyon remind me of the pictures I have seen of the karst topography region in China. I dunno, maybe I'm crazy, but the mountains shoot up, waay up steeply, and drop down as suddenly. They look like they should be on a Chinese silk wall hanging. The sun came out later, dissipating the fog for the nice views up topside. Do I live a charmed life, or what?! My camera must've gone out drinking last night - my pics are all fuzzy. If I can fix 'em on the software I'll post 'em, but it'll be another night.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSun Oct 05, 2003 8:31 pm 
Oh, that place sucks. I would never go there.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSun Oct 05, 2003 8:47 pm 
Yes, I thought the views of the stupid mountains all around were really sucky. Watching the moon rise with Venus by its side was stupid and ugly too. Is there any water in the mud hole tarn at all now? There was about a cup of sludge that we made water out of when me and the Nav were there. Blecck!

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods