Forum Index > Trail Talk > Name That Lake...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
solohiker

solohiker
PostFri Jul 25, 2008 9:51 pm 
It's not gold lake. And I guess you're not Irish. To make the hint really work the "gold"-y should be in a pot at the end of the (lake). Anyway trying a new approach - the lake is somewhere ... over the ... way up high, (OK it's not really that high) - land that I dream of (don't really dream of it, but go with me here) .... once in a lullaby .... got it yet? I really think you're humoring me, but it's all fun.

I have never been lost, but I'll admit to being confused for several weeks. - Daniel Boone
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Jul 25, 2008 10:27 pm 
Har. So it's Rainbow. Now we need to come back with *which* Rainbow it is (there are 9 in the state). My guess is it's the one north of I-90, sandwiched between Blazer and Island. wink.gif And yeah, "Circle takes the square!"

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostFri Jul 25, 2008 10:30 pm 
Wow, you guys are gooooooood! biggrin.gif And, uhhhh, where is Rainbow lake? Okay, that first one was obviously too easy. This one should be slightly more difficult.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostSun Jul 27, 2008 11:18 am 
Hmmm, that guy looks like he might be a real spoiler for a game like this. I'd be forced to try winning by being unfair, like posting this picture:
I consider that unfair because there isn't enough of the lake in the picture to really tell. But, I suppose, one could always look at the image properties, find out which of my folders on photobucket it's hosted in, and get the answer that way. Hey, that's cheating too!!! winksmile.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostSun Jul 27, 2008 11:58 am 
Nice pic, Willie. The thing is, I'll be Borank will know your lake from the provided picture. He's downright amazing.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostSun Jul 27, 2008 12:00 pm 
Chainsaw_Willie wrote:
That's Shovel. Hinman at back and on the left, Daniel on the right. smile.gif I noticed the low water level from the top of Daniel a few years back.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostSun Jul 27, 2008 12:27 pm 
If he can get that last one I posted just by looking at it, then yeah, he's pretty amazing! borank.gif Funny, that emoticon is named after him!!! I figured someone would get Shovel if they recognized Hinman in the background. From what I read, Shovel was formed when a landslide blocked Shovel Creek. Because the outlet damn is nothing but a bunch of jumbled up boulders, it's fairly porous and allows the water to flow out faster than it flows in during the summer months. There were some other guys camped there the first time I went there and they said they'd been placing stakes at the water's edge for the previous three days and the water had been going down about 1 to 1-1/2 inches a day. There is a super-nice camping spot at the inlet.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jul 29, 2008 8:04 am 
The red foliage / rock kinda looks like something in the 3 Queens area. Perhaps one of the tarns on Summit Chief?

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Jul 29, 2008 8:58 am 
Tom wrote:
The red foliage / rock kinda looks like something in the 3 Queens area. Perhaps one of the tarns on Summit Chief?
I thought it looked a bit like the area around Cup Lake, but then I saw the answer when I went to quote his friggin' post. Come on...make some effort to obfuscate it...

Schmidt Alti-Dude
4th class poster

Schmidt Alti-Dude
4th class poster
PostTue Jul 29, 2008 11:48 am 
I'm terrible at this game but this looks like Margaret Lake under Mount Margaret.

Anything stated by me in no way reflects the attitudes or opinions of my wife
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Jul 29, 2008 2:05 pm 
I don't think Margaret is nearly as majestic as that picture would make it out to be. wink.gif I'm pretty sure you can figure it out if you look at your own post closely enough.

Schmidt Alti-Dude
4th class poster

Schmidt Alti-Dude
4th class poster
PostTue Jul 29, 2008 8:22 pm 
I'll make another guess of Summit Chief Lake since it's our last TR.

Anything stated by me in no way reflects the attitudes or opinions of my wife
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Jul 29, 2008 8:45 pm 
No, it's not Summit Chief Lake.

yukon222

yukon222
PostTue Jul 29, 2008 8:56 pm 
Here's a scan of an old lake pic. Good luck!
Lakes I visited a long time ago.  I hope they are still there.
Lakes I visited a long time ago. I hope they are still there.

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee
PostWed Jul 30, 2008 10:45 am 
It's Lake 22. NEXT!