Forum Index > Gear Talk > What is your single favorite piece of gear?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dante

Dante
PostSun Dec 16, 2001 5:14 am 
Mine is my poncho. Besides being emergency rainwear, I use it for a sit-pad, a ground cloth for packing and unpacking, a bivy tarp, a lightweight blanket for napping, the list is endless. I can't imagine hiking without one. Backpacker Joe replied: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My favorite piece of gear is probably my Merrell leathers. I love them. You cant ever have boots that are to good! Next is probably my Western Mountaineering High lite. Fantastic bag. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brian Curtis replied: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My favorite piece of gear has to be my Seattle Sombrero. I'd rather forget almost anything except my hat. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- catwoman replied: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hmmmmm.... There are several things I couldn't do without. But I will say my bladder. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Dec 16, 2001 10:57 am 
Ah ha, I have done and injustice to Mr. Curtis! My favorite piece of gear over the last 14 years has to be my Curtis RAFT! That little piece of petrolium has done more for me than any other piece of gear! TB biggrin.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostSun Dec 16, 2001 2:02 pm 
Thanks, TB. I've lost my share of knives, too. The compass I'm using I found on a rock. I figure the hills are really just a great big gear exchange.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Dave Weyrick

Dave Weyrick
PostSun Dec 16, 2001 3:16 pm 
My brand-spankin' new Curtis Raft, for a couple reasons. I won't be takin' my float tube any more, which gets my weight down to be able to use my new Golite daypack and my new Merrell shoes. This combination of gear will allow me to scramble off-trail to my favorite lakes to fish with flotation for two nights under 15 lbs. The new gear and fly-weight strategies may keep me hiking for another 20 years.

If I'd known ya was gonna use bait I wouldn't a brought ya!
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Dec 16, 2001 4:15 pm 
Another RE-ITER-A-TION on the Curtis raft issue. Those darn things (I have four) have given me and my friends access to things only dreamed of before. I dont use them for fishing, I use them for lake access. Thanks Walter, thanks Brian. TB biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSun Dec 16, 2001 6:01 pm 
I am not finding anyone else leaving me any Delicas in the woods (or at work for that matter) and the damn things are now running $60. I think I'm on my 4th in like 3 years. :angry:

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods