Forum Index > Trip Reports > Olympic Mountains Traveling Summit and Lake Register
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostSun Aug 17, 2008 12:54 pm 
Homes of the Olympic Mountain Traveling Summit and Lake Register: Oly the 1st: Buckhorn - Goats Gone Wild and HJT, retrieved by MtnWkr Oly Peak - MtnWkr, retrieved by Adrewzki Moose Peak - moosefish, retrieved by Ancient Ambler & Mtn John Grand View Peak - Ancient Ambler & Mtn John, retrieved by bobbi Mt. Jupiter - bobbi, retrieved by seattlehikertoo Mt. Rose - seattlehikertoo, retrieved by NWtrax Mt. Ellinor - NWtrax, retrieved by Shoo fly Colonel Bob - Shoo Fly (until it went missing in action) Oly the 2nd: Mt. Townsend - HJT, retrieved by HJT Welch Peak - HJT, retrieved by Jennifer S. and bobbi Maiden Peak - bobbi, Jennifer S, Jen's kids, Debbie, Cindy, retrieved by reststep Elk Mountain - reststep, retrieved by Captain Jack and Silly Traveller Blue Mountain- C.J./S.T., retrieved by Timmie and crabio Mount Zion - Crabio and Timmie, retrieved by ScottM Mt. Angeles - ScottM, retrieved by HJT Obstruction Peak - HJT, retrieved by bobbi, cindy songbird, & susie Ridge To Mt. Baldy - bobbi, Lisa & Neil, Debbie, retrieved by greendog Mt. Walker - bobbi, HJT, Lisa & Neil, retrieved by ADrewzki. Lower Lena Lake - ADrewzki, retrieved by Mossy Mom Ralph's New Place up on the Hill - Mossy Mom, retrieved by Olympic Hiker North Summit, Mt. Townsend - Olympic Hiker - retrieved by HiT Mt. Ellinor - HiT Oly the 3rd: Mt. Walker, North Summit - Hesman, retrieved by Ranger Rock Lower Lena Lake - Ranger Rock, retrieved by meck Mt. Muller - meck, retrieved by bobbi Lake Angeles - bobbi - retrieved by reststep Tyler Peak - reststep - retrieved by seekapeak Cub Peak - seekapeak - retrieved by meck Mt. Rose - meck - retrieved by Old Mountain Man Mt. Ellinor - old mountain man Missing in Action once again Oly the 4th: Valhalla Peak - reststep - retrieved by bobbi, blaze, bonita Eagle Point - bobbi & bonita - retrieved by Hesman Obstruction Point - Hesman - retrieved by meck (former) Lake Mills - meck - retrieved by bobbi Striped Peak - bobbi & Blaze - retrieved by reststep Green Mountain (Olympic National Park between Deer Park and Maiden Peak) - reststep - retrieved by reststep Silver Lakes Peak Buckhorn Wilderness (Peak 6030 above Silver Lake) - reststep: retrieved by bobbi, Michelle, and Cindy Bogachiel Peak-bobbi and Cindy E, retrieved it since no one else wanted to get it! Glines Canyon-bobbi * retrieved the register and placed it somewhere else. let me know if interested or just end it! Please link to OMTSR TR's to this thread if they are not posted within the Olympic Mountains Traveling Summit Register thread.

Wiki summmary last edited by bobbi on Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:53 am (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
Ancient Ambler

Ancient Ambler
PostSat Aug 02, 2008 9:31 pm 
MtnJohn and I were doing the Lillian Ridge traverse today (August 2), going from Obstruction Point along the ridge to Moose Mountain, down to Low Pass, cross country up Peak 6701. Were surprised to find the Oly Register still in the summit cairn at Moose Mountain, so we took it on a little trip over to Peak 6701 where it now resides in a suitable shrine (er, cairn) as of about 1PM, August 2, 2008. You can access its new home via the cross country Lillian Ridge traverse, or by simply hiking out to Grand Pass from Obstruction Point--Peak 6701 is maybe a quarter mile south of Grand Pass by trail. If you do it on a clear day, you will be rewarded by some of the best views in the Olympics. Will have a TR with photos August 3.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSat Aug 02, 2008 9:47 pm 
thanks a lot AA. i had planned on getting the register off moose peak on monday/tuesday. huh.gif camping at grand lake most likely tuesday dizzy.gif or monday shakehead.gif detour: guess its peak 6701-if i can get my buddies there! really AA, thanks! i was worried about that one spot to moose peak. any snow?

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
ADrewzki
Snow angels are hot

ADrewzki
Snow angels are hot
PostSun Aug 03, 2008 9:17 am 
Maybe you can beat Moosefish for the TR since that slacker has yet to write his from LAST WEEK. shakehead.gif shakehead.gif

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostWed Aug 06, 2008 6:20 pm 
i got the olympic mountains traveling summit register yesterday, august 5, from grandview peak (peak 6701)
olympic mountains traveling summit register
i wonder why bryan and tom didn't take it as they signed it on the 4th of august! anyway, i'm thinking of where to put OM next. i'll let you know soon! here's my TR

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostWed Aug 06, 2008 6:40 pm 
bcfc53 wrote:
i wonder why bryan and tom didn't take it as they signed it on the 4th of august!
I didn't want to take it back to Buckhorn in two weeks, and Tom (TPayne) isn't sure of when he'll get back into the Oly's. That's why we left it biggrin.gif

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostWed Aug 06, 2008 6:49 pm 
bryan & tom it's great that you left it then because after AA got the register off moose 'mountain', i was hoping to get it at 6701.

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostWed Aug 06, 2008 7:16 pm 
new home for OM
new home for OM
possible next home of OM

reststep

reststep
PostWed Aug 06, 2008 8:28 pm 
It looks like the Brothers.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostWed Aug 06, 2008 9:10 pm 
okay, change of destinations! my brain is fried! sorry!
new home for OM
new home for OM

Ancient Ambler

Ancient Ambler
PostThu Aug 07, 2008 5:34 am 
Way to go getting the Register, bcfc53. Sorry to force a change in your plans, but it's always worth it to head out to Grand Pass and 6701, especially when the skies are clear, IMHO. Your photo of the Brothers as the next day-hike destination for the Register was sort of amazing. Not really a hike, and it takes most mere mortals a couple of days, though I know one person who's done it in a very very long day. So now you're taking a trip up to Jupiter. Still a long hike. Don't forget to take lots of water.

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSat Aug 09, 2008 10:08 am 
cripes! tuesday, august 12 to mt. jupiter. weather forecast, sunny, 67 degrees! you're welcome to join me! we can meet at hwy 101 & mt. jupiter road. PM if interested. i'm slow on the up biggrin.gif

seattlehikertoo

seattlehikertoo
PostSat Aug 09, 2008 10:57 am 
The Brothers
If my brother Scott goes with me, we will do an up and down on the Brothers on Monday and get it since I am still stewing over not knowing about a traveling register when I was on Buckhorn. We both have to be back in Seattle that night. At this point in the year I believe it is non-technical. Right?

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSat Aug 09, 2008 10:59 am 
i'm placing the register on mt. jupiter on tuesday.

seattlehikertoo

seattlehikertoo
PostSat Aug 09, 2008 5:24 pm 
Excluding the Brothers
Jupiter...Ok, great. I'll try to get it. I'll catch the Bainbridge ferry at 935a. BTW-14 miles will exclude the Brothers, right? confused.gif hmmm.gif I think we should allow the Brothers. Of course, being from Seattle, it is one of the most prominent peaks. I'll leave it up to you and the rest of the ruling body over there to decide. Also, what about Constance. I heard it is a hikable summit, but it's like 8 or 9 miles (I think there are 2 summits), plus 10 mile bike ride since the road is washed out. Those are some pretty awesome peaks to leave off the list.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Aug 09, 2008 5:28 pm 
Constance is not a hikable summit the final block is class 4 and getting to it requires an ecposed traverse, this year on steep hard snow.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn