Forum Index > The Trading Post > For Sale: Raichle Rotondo Boots
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Oct 06, 2003 11:09 am 
I've purchased from Barrabes with no problems. However, I wouldn't buy anything you might need to return. International shipping charges can get expensive.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dante

Dante
PostWed Oct 08, 2003 2:33 pm 
I just found another traditional hiking boot--The Scarpa Rio Here's another custom shop http://www.mekanboot.com

kraitcatcher

kraitcatcher
PostWed Oct 08, 2003 5:01 pm 
DJ, hey those look pretty good,going to check them out,thanks,James

currently looking for backpacking partners for next may for a week in the trinity alps,asnd some other trips and help on a book that will involve tons of camping
Dante

Dante
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 10:38 am 
I'm addicted to online research. I probably have enough material for a nice article on Classic Norwegian Welt Hiking Boots Available in the USA lol.gif

salish

salish
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 1:24 pm 
Me too, DJ. By the way, I spoke with a rep at STP yesterday (Wednesday) and they had no new info on the Alico Guide shipment that was supposed to get to their facility this week (last week they told me to call this week, in order to ask questions). She suggested I call back next week. Just wanted to see if they had my size. Guess I should exert some patience and just chill. Dave Page once told me the Scarpa Rio was a great boot. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
kraitcatcher

kraitcatcher
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 3:49 pm 
DJ,hey man go for it,contact Backpacker Magazine or Out Side and see if they can use it,i'm interested my self,James

currently looking for backpacking partners for next may for a week in the trinity alps,asnd some other trips and help on a book that will involve tons of camping
kraitcatcher

kraitcatcher
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 3:52 pm 
Cliff,The guy I contacted by e-mail at Alico Sport; replied and said he would be e-mailing me when the shipment from Italy is going out.it may not have gone out yet,but I will contact him and see whats up and let y'all know,James

Dante

Dante
PostFri Oct 10, 2003 10:56 am 
I'm trying to attach my "Norwegian welt, leather lined, heavy-duty hiking boot" information: Success! cool.gif See below. Merrell Wildernesses are comparable, but are synthetic lined. I have not had good luck with Chambrelle, three-bar knit or other synthetic liners. In my expreience they are not as durable as leather. 📎NORWEGIAN WELT, LEATHER LINED, HEAVY-DUTY HIKING BOOTS.xls (15 KB)

kraitcatcher

kraitcatcher
PostFri Oct 10, 2003 11:39 am 
DJ, this is great information,what are the chances of getting the same coparison on some of the custom makers out there?just wondering,James

Dante

Dante
PostFri Oct 10, 2003 11:43 am 
Sorry James, until my kids are older I won't be hiking enough to justify the cost of custom boots. you'll have to wait for my next pair (LL Bean North Cols or production Limmers) to wear out wink.gif Besides, I don't know how useful a table like that would be for custom boots--too many variables... P.S. I just got this from LL Bean re the North Col Hikers: Thank you for your e-mail. This is an excellent boot for Backpacking. The sole will be stiff at first and will need a break-in time. If you wear them diligently, probably about 1 1/2 to 2 months for the break-in time. Once they are broken-in, they will probably be your favorite boots. They mold to your feet. Here are the answers to your questions: 1.) 3/4 length steel shank. 2.) Chrome Tanned. 3.) Order your regular shoe size. We recommend wearing a heavyweight sock with these boots. If you are not sure of your size, please go to a local shoe store to get measured. We do have a paper brannock device for measuring feet, but I can only mail this to you. (It can not be faxed or e-mailed because the measurements get distorted.) I would be happy to mail this to you of you are not able to visit a local shoe store. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns!

Dante

Dante
PostFri Oct 10, 2003 1:57 pm 
I just got this from Scarpa-US (caps in original): ORDERING VIA MAIL ORDER CAN BE HARD SOMETIMES. THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW IF A BOOT WILL FIT IS BY TRYING IT ON. IF YOU KNOW WHAT SIZE USA BOOT SIZE YOU NORMALLY ARE, THEN THAT IS THE SIZE I WOULD SUGGEST. FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU ARE NORMALLY A SIZE 9(us) THEN, I WOULD SAY STAY WITH THE SIZE 9 IN THE RIO. WE USED TO OFFER THE BOOTS IN NARROW AND WIDE VERSIONS, HOWEVER THESE HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED BY SCARPA IN ITALY, AND WE ONLY HAVE A FEW SIZES LEFT IN STOCK. IF YOU NORMALLY HAVEN'T HAD TO WORRY ABOUT NARROW OR WIDE BOOTS, THEN YOU SHOULD BE FINE WITH THE REGULAR WIDTHS. THE NICE THING ABOUT ORDERING MAILORDER FROM US, IS WE WILL ONLY CHARGE YOU A FLAT FEE OF $5.00 FOR UPS GROUND SHIPPING, AND YOU ARE WELCOME TO ORDER A COUPLE OF PAIRS OF BOOTS FOR SIZE COMPARISON. YOU CAN THEN RETURN THE UNWANTED BOOTS FOR AN EXCHANGE OR REFUND excluding the shipping cost).

kraitcatcher

kraitcatcher
PostTue Oct 14, 2003 4:49 pm 
Alico boot up date, 10/14/03 Just heard from Altin Michela at alaico sport,Italy. guides are ready for shipment,just awaiting loading authorization,will contact me when loaded and shipped.keep checking Sierra Trading Post. Regards,James

salish

salish
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 11:10 am 
Thanks for the tip, and DJ, thanks very much for your Excel spreadsheet. I'm keeping my eyes peeled at STP. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 11:47 am 
DJ, I'm not sure who makes the LL Bean boots, but my Speed Guide Hikers are made in Italy. Likely they have multiple manufacturers. I have a hard to fit, wide, foot so my choices are limited. My Bean boots are the best boots I've ever owned and if the North Col Hikers are made by the same company that bodes well for them. Customer service at LL Bean is top notch, too.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Ken Smith

Ken Smith
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 5:23 pm 
I had to jump in with a correction on this post. The Limmer stock boots are not made in Italy. Our stock boots are made in Germany (Bavaria to be specific). Thanks, Ken Smith Limmer Boot Inc