Forum Index > Trail Talk > Front Page Photo? - Whatchathink?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
polarbear

polarbear
PostTue Mar 19, 2002 8:25 pm 
Allison, I'm neither a guest, a damned guest, nor a statistician lol.gif I'm a real registered member. Since I'm not a climber, I don't post too often. However, from what I just said, it should be easy to guess my cc username. no nac for cryptography is required paranoid.gif I agree if the photo slows things down too much, it wouldn't be good. An avatar sized photo might be ok. It doesn't have to be labeled. Sometimes not spoonfeeding all the information to someone helps get them more interested in something (give a person a fish vs. teach a person to fish). Also, there are alot of pictures you could have on the front that don't pinpoint fragile sites--closeups of mtn flowers, streams, forest shots, animals...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
polarbear

polarbear
PostTue Mar 19, 2002 9:06 pm 
One thing all these Enchantment pictures have reminded me is what a great place it is. I've only been there once, and it was awhile ago. Usually if someone asks me if the Enchantments are really nice I say, yes, but there are alot of other nice places too. Well there are, but it's hard to find such a collection of lakes like that in one spot.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Mar 19, 2002 11:47 pm 
P-bear, remember I have a couple FREE open spots to the Chantments this august left. T.D. gobbled up one. Do you want one too? Get them while there hot! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
catwoman

catwoman
PostWed Mar 20, 2002 12:07 am 
What Newbie Newt said! (even on the thread drift part!) tongue.gif Oh, and I never knew what the front page was, so if it's entirely different and I don't have to go there, then whatever floats your boat.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Mar 20, 2002 12:41 am 
As far as the main page, you folks need to have some faith wink.gif. Has the NWHikers team let ya down so far? OK, repress the memory of those internal server error messages for a sec biggrin.gif. Not to worry, whatever we do we'll make sure the page loads lickety split and won't expose any secrets. It may be a month or so down the road, but we've got some pleasant surprises in the works cool.gif.

PostWed Mar 20, 2002 7:10 am 
Believe me, I trust in the good people that bring us this site to do the right thing.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 20, 2002 7:52 am 
Roger what Pappy said! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostWed Mar 20, 2002 8:26 am 
At last - something we can all agree on. agree.gif ................. Pappy, thanks for the Delta pic kudos, but there are some better ones out there. This afternoon I'll see if I can't get folks to post some of them.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Mar 20, 2002 11:07 am 
"If these places are so damn special then quit talking about them. Do not show photos. And you damn well shouldn?t give trip reposts." Now just why would you think those wanting some discretion and those posting trip reports on the web, are the same people? Of course it looks schizoid if you're not making the distinction! There are folks here who don't see a problem and post everything, there are folks here who do see a problem and keep mum, they are *not* the same person. "Talk such talk behind closed doors." Already do. Am I committing the grave sin of "secrecy" by not posting everything I know about everyplace I've ever been? The idea that this is secrecy just cracks me up. It's not "secrecy" in my opinion to have personal experiences and not report every detail, it's merely called discretion.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 20, 2002 3:43 pm 
Delta from Angeline.

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostWed Mar 20, 2002 4:49 pm 
Thanks, BPJ. This is now the Delta Lake pic thread. Let's see what you've got. I know Randy's got some 'cause I'm using two of them on my screensaver. Alpinejo's got a good panorama. And here's one that's "close" to Delta Lake. dizzy.gif
waterpower
waterpower

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostWed Mar 20, 2002 7:14 pm 
I mentioned in an earlier thread my surprise at finding that the identifying photo in "Lakes of Washington" was that same view down the lake to tha Angeline outfall; surprising because most LOW photos are aerials Now, I know Bryan's got Delta pics and I think Karen may, although maybe not in a format she can share. Anybody else? Here's one more.
delta2pan
delta2pan