Forum Index > Links > Abandoned Trails - of Washington
Previous :: Next Topic  
A Ban, Then Trails

A Ban, Then Trails

PostThu Mar 21, 2002 9:19 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Oh goodie, I can post again! Life is good after all.  cool.gif

Abandoned Trails - Western Washington Cascades
Search for posts by this user Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster

PostFri Mar 22, 2002 6:01 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
A Ban, (glad you're still here)

Haven't  checked out your site in a while.  I noticed the Trial reports don't give dates?  Bachelor Cr says recently brushed and  worst logs removed.  I was up there in '96 or '97 and the lower half of trail was very overgrown.  Do you know when the "maintenance" was done?
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Ray Ban

Ray Ban

PostFri Mar 22, 2002 11:28 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Hey Pappy, A Ban the Ray Ban the loping lopping Sawyer here. Ray Ban is such a cool name I feel like putting on shades. Hey I suspect the Bach Cr trail was lopped in '01 or possibly '00. The cuts looked pretty new. They didn't do such a great job though. Once it grows over again people will bash into nasty brach stubs. Wish they'd cut further back (same effort, safer) to the main trunks. We sailed outta there with no loss in hiking pace... that's how good the conditions were last August.

Oops, left the date off that one report! Oops.
Search for posts by this user Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster

PostFri Mar 22, 2002 12:17 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Glad to hear that.  I (tried) to drag a once a year hiker up that like I said in '97ish and it was a b!*#!.  We ran into some guys coming off the Ptraverse who were wearing rain pants  for protection and lets just say they were shopping for new rain pants after that.  At least something has been done to maintain it.  Dealing with a route that is almost completely overgrown would be a heck of a reward for doing the PT.

Thanks for the info, err... Ray. biggrin.gif
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Links > Abandoned Trails - of Washington
  Happy Birthday Badger!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: