Forum Index > Trail Talk > Diobsud Buttes road? - How far up can you drive?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostFri Mar 22, 2002 2:56 pm 
How far can one drive up the Diobsud Buttes road under normal summer conditions?

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
salish

salish
PostMon Mar 25, 2002 7:07 am 
Stefan, One of my best friends owns a small cabin on Honeysuckle Lane, a few miles at the end of the powerline road behind Marblemount, right on Diobsud Creek, and he drove his grandfather's old pickup all the way to the top of Diobsud Buttes, but that was in the mid-1980s. I've wondered about that myself because I used to fish Diobsud Creek quite a bit. I hike into Anderson/Watson Lakes every year and have often thought about going cross country past Mt. Watson and into the headwaters of Diobsud Creek (Noisy-Diobsud Wilderness), then try to hook up with The Buttes and the old jeep road and see if I could find my way to the cabin. Anyway, hope this helps. Oh, by the way, there is a U.S. Forest Service facility (or at least there used to be) along the powerline road behind Marblemount, and they would probably have current info on the roads. Another source of info for just about anything in Marblemount, especially road conditions, is Merf's gas station. Good luck. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message