Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lime Kiln Trail
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Karen

Karen
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 11:25 am 
Here are some photos from the Lime Kiln Trail (a work in progress). Many thanks to Moose&Squirrel for showing us this wonderful place. This is a hard-to-photograph destination due to lighting issues but fun to try. Since the trail is not officially open the route is not described herein. Karen
Saw blade 2
Saw blade 2
End of the trail vertical
End of the trail vertical

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Karen

Karen
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 2:05 pm 
Hi Quark, Hey don't take this personally but I don't feel I should give out trailhead directions until the trail is officially open or until I get an "all clear" from the powers that be. Work continues on the trail and there are problems with gates, parking, private property etc. Be patient, fellow hikers, and consider the above images a "preview" of a glorious attraction to come. Thanks! Karen

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Eric
Peak Geek

Eric
Peak Geek
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 2:30 pm 
I'm pretty sure there was an article with the pertinent details on this trail in one of hte papers, probably the times. Plus the volunteers who are building the trail probably have some info up in other places on the internet about it I think.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 2:36 pm 
I, too, have seen this trail written up somewhere, probably the Times, but I also don't recall exactly.

REJ

REJ
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 2:52 pm 
Nice trail. Seattle Times had a article on the trail in April 2003. From the information provided at robecanyon.org or Lime Kiln Trail I was able to find and explore the "trail". Use common sense in parking and keep a low profile and you can a nice time exploring this future trail.

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 3:08 pm 
Eric wrote:
I'm pretty sure there was an article with the pertinent details on this trail in one of hte papers, probably the times. Plus the volunteers who are building the trail probably have some info up in other places on the internet about it I think.
Eric, Quark, the whole world: I work on the trail. Yes, there have been a few newspaper write-ups on the construction of this new Snohomish County Parks trail. But the emphasis of the stories was more on the trail-building, a call for volunteers, and giving a preview of what's to come when the trail opens. These were not intended as trail reports, and just general descriptions of the area were given. Like Karen has said, there are still issues needing to be worked out before an official trailhead (with parking) is opened, and nevertheless, work still remains on the trail before the public is officially given access- hopefully in late spring 2004. So Sno. Co. Parks, V.O.W. and others who are involved with this unfinished project ask for your patience please. You can follow progress of the trail at http://www.robecanyon.org, or join a work party! Pardon the slowness of the site but it's a donated server & we're just grateful to have a website right now. If you are still determined to visit, despite what you may read elsewhere- do not park in front of any gate or you risk being towed or worse. The county needs access to it. Respect private property, do not remove artifacts, you hike in at your own risk.

catwoman

catwoman
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 4:28 pm 
Gosh, sounds like a big secret! paranoid.gif

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 4:48 pm 
catwoman wrote:
Gosh, sounds like a big secret! paranoid.gif
Huh? I thought my post kind of tried to explain the situation out there. There's no secret, there have been numerous newspaper stories and a website is devoted to the trail (and Robe Canyon Historic Park in which it's part of). Generally on a job site under construction, access is restricted for safety and liability reasons.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 6:45 pm 
Is it Pristine? biggrin.gif NN

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 8:08 pm 
Nope it's a freakin' dump. Used diapers and needles everywhere. Rats as big as bears. It's a mess only fit for the dregs of humanity...Gotta try some reverse pyschology on people to cool their jets. This is turning out to be another I***** Gulch thing. bawl.gif

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 8:19 pm 
We could delete our own posts for the good of all. That would clean it up for sure and save some folks the pain,agonyand disapointment of it all. I can't understand why someone would want to go hiking in a dump anyway. Do you? NN

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.