Forum Index > Trip Reports > Enchantments
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostFri Oct 31, 2003 6:37 am 
Speaking as one who has done it both ways, I too recommend going the Aasgard route in. Very few views nail me every time as the view I get when I round the corner and there before me is jade green Colchuck Lake with the magnificient backdrop of Dragontail and Colchuck Peaks. Dynamite. One of the best mountain scenes anywhere. Going up Aasgard is not a problem, just do it in the morning before the sun hits the route. Once you crest Aasgard, its all downhill from there unless you want to explore (and you should) the area or climb Dragontail from its easier backside (crampons / ice axe may be necessary) or go up Little Annapurna for one of the best views in the state. Enchantment Peak, Cannon Mtn, Shields Lake, etc etc etc. make this one of the prime time areas anywhere. up.gif up.gif up.gif

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Oct 31, 2003 11:26 am 
The Doc is correct. I was hoping to try the Tamarack canyon, or the Toketie lake route this time. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostFri Oct 31, 2003 12:35 pm 
BPJ
Quote:
I was hoping to try the Tamarack canyon, or the Toketie lake route this time.
Some of us are just gluttons for punishment biggrin.gif Actually, any route out is ok, just more involved than the tame Snow Creek trail.

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160