Forum Index > Trip Reports > Welch Peaks 10.26.08
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Hesman

Hesman
PostSun Oct 26, 2008 5:55 pm 
What a day for a day hike! I got a later start than I usually when hiking, which means starting the hike at 10:15 instead of 8:00AM. Smoked up the trail and the boot path to the top of Welch in 2 hours flat. The wind had picked up by the time I reached the summit and it was rather cold. I ate a quickie lunch and watched the stream of people going up and down the Mt. Townsend Trail. (And on the hike down too.) I'd have to say Welch is the better peak to climb, than Townsend. Very few people, if at all, and a much better view. hockeygrin.gif After 15 minutes on the summit, I made down to the car in an hour and forty-five. 4 hours RT, baby! And that's how you HJT a summit. dizzy.gif
South From Welch Peak
South From Welch Peak
Constance and Inner Constance
Constance and Inner Constance

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun Oct 26, 2008 6:12 pm 
HJT! what a day for you! i still remember our hike there to retrieve the NWHikers traveling summit register with Goats Gone Wild! it was a great birthday hike despite my potty mouth. well at least i'm consistent as i did put out a few choice words last weekend at rainier for my birthday hike this year rant.gif great photos as always!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
seattlehikertoo

seattlehikertoo
PostSun Oct 26, 2008 7:30 pm 
The season is far from over. Nice goin' HJT. Can't believe the OM is still missing. I am open to placing a new one. This time, it gets hidden just off the summit with specific direction on retrieval. It's really the only way to at least give it some protection.

reststep

reststep
PostSat Nov 01, 2008 11:06 am 
It sounds like you had a nice hike HJT. I was thinking about going but had other things going on. Anyway it is obvious you hike much faster than I do. If we get another nice day before it snows I may try and get back up there.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir