Forum Index > Photography Talk > Canon Raw Format
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Nov 08, 2003 9:03 am 
Have you ever looked at your images full size? When I look at mine, they look like crap. You can really notice it in the blue of the sky. When they are resized they look much better. Any idea as to what gives? Is this noise? Using 100 ISO. NN

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Nov 08, 2003 12:53 pm 
It's noise. Shoot at ISO 50 and your images will be much cleaner. ISO 50 is really somwhere between 50 and 100. Canon rounds down to 50 whereas other manufacturers round up to 100, so the sensitivity at 50 is similar to the sensitivity of 100 of other digicams. If you want noise free pictures at higher sensitivities you'll need to move up to a DSLR like the Digital Rebel with a large sensor. However, in the rare cases you need to shot at something other than ISO 50 you can use something like neat image to remove most of the noise. They have a freeware version that satisfies the needs of most people.

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSat Nov 08, 2003 2:38 pm 
Regardless of whether you shoot at JPG or RAW, if you look at a picture at full size, without resizing it, it's gonna look just a little bit grainy anyway. This does sound like bad noise though.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSun Nov 09, 2003 3:51 pm 
Thanks for the link and help. I've got it downloaded and will give it a try. Manipulation? NN

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.