Forum Index > Trip Reports > QFC, Wallingford at Midnight.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostMon Dec 01, 2003 8:54 pm 
BTW - Quark, where are the pics from this harrowing trek through the wilderness of the *gasp* Natural Foods Section? wink.gif I expect a fully documented expedition...

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostMon Dec 01, 2003 9:00 pm 
I want to see a photo of a tofurkey in its natural environment.

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostMon Dec 01, 2003 9:13 pm 
Stef, baby - it ain't the peg-leg I'm after. Al, you know I'm not a health nut - the thought of eating flesh has just begun to gross me out, that's all; it has nothing to do with trying to eat healthier. There's more than one reason to not like meat. I eat processed foods - even like Twinkies. I can't help it if Tofurkey is upstairs at QFC. If it were downstairs in the canned goods aisle, I'd have been there instead. Odd about Tofurkey. It's this smooth, round, brown ball. You plunk it on a tray, throw it in the oven, and an hour later, you pull it out - and the darn thing looks exactly the same as it did when you put it in there. It doesn't make juice, it doesn't seethe, hiss, or pop. I mean it looks the same! I had to touch it to see if it was hot. If I were cooking it for guests (don't worry), I'd make a delicious sauce, or something. Hey, I hear the Christmas Boats on Lake Union!!

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostMon Dec 01, 2003 9:21 pm 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
BTW - Quark, where are the pics from this harrowing trek through the wilderness of the *gasp* Natural Foods Section? wink.gif I expect a fully documented expedition...
Sorry, I had gotten sidetracked by the pies, so no pho-toes. $1.99 for a whole pumpkin pie. I ate the whole darn thing in one day, all by my onesies. God, I love being single.... Anyway, go outside, pick up a blob of clay (grayish brown - you know, the kind you would get around Mtn Loop or Darrington District, not the Mid Fk Snoq., clay which is blue), roll it into a ball, and voila! there's your Tofurkey.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
touron

touron
PostMon Dec 01, 2003 10:23 pm 
Quote:
I want to see a photo of a tofurkey in its natural environment.
I was up at Park Lakes once and I heard this muffled roar coming up Mineral Creek. I figured it was an F-15 or a tofurkey. I got under a pine tree in case it was a hungry tofurkey and sure enough it was. They are different than how many describe them on the internet. Because they have vegetable matter instead of muscle, the wings are floppier, hence the louder sound when they fly. Because their wings are floppier, they don't fly straight, but rather in a swooping fashion where it looks like they are always about to plummet to earth. But the claws....the claws... eek.gif eek.gif mum.gif There is no safe place to camp at Park Lakes, this I now know.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Dante

Dante
PostTue Dec 02, 2003 3:39 pm 
touron wrote:
I was up at Park Lakes once and I heard this muffled roar coming up Mineral Creek. I figured it was an F-15 or a tofurkey. I got under a pine tree in case it was a hungry tofurkey and sure enough it was. They are different than how many describe them on the internet. Because they have vegetable matter instead of muscle, the wings are floppier, hence the louder sound when they fly. Because their wings are floppier, they don't fly straight, but rather in a swooping fashion where it looks like they are always about to plummet to earth. But the claws....the claws... eek.gif eek.gif mum.gif There is no safe place to camp at Park Lakes, this I now know.
Are you sure it wasn't a turduckin ? eek.gif

kiliki

kiliki
PostTue Dec 02, 2003 4:29 pm 
I have friends that mail order a turducken every year for thanksgiving. This year they had many guests and needed two, which was very expensive, when shipping was included. But, I hear they are delicious, and it is certainly easier than boning and stuffing your own duck, chicken and turkey.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Dec 02, 2003 5:29 pm 
Is that for real?!!?!!!!!? lol.gif eek.gif wazzup.gif huh.gif lol.gif tongue.gif

Dante

Dante
PostTue Dec 02, 2003 5:48 pm 
It's even better when you stuff the chicken with tofu clown.gif