Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mt. Siii
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hikerjo

hikerjo
PostSun Dec 14, 2003 12:14 am 
yawn.gif Did Si today. The trail was pretty mudy in the lower elevations and turned into icy compact snow near the top. At the top it was really windy and there were really big snowflakes. The haystack was covered in snow and ice, making it a bit of a challenge. Bring an ice axe! It was great day to try out my new jacket. smile.gif All and all, it was wet and c-c-cold up there. yawn.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Andrew

Andrew
PostSun Dec 14, 2003 10:53 pm 
I'm glad I didn't go. My brother wanted to, but he never contacted me further. I'd rather stay home and save it for a sunny day biggrin.gif

Edd

Edd
PostFri Dec 19, 2003 8:00 pm 
Mt Siii
Your right, those were probly some of the biggest snowflakes I've seen. Had a little cabin fever so wanted to get out for awhile. Was up there sometime late morning, early afternoon. Took a look at the haystack, but the wind and icy conditions detered me. Nice just to get out.

hikerjo

hikerjo
PostSat Dec 20, 2003 4:40 pm 
My dad and I were the only ones that went up the haystack, there were no tracks ahead of us. Mt. Si is a pretty boring mountain, no offence, and I can only justify it by climbing the haystack. hockeygrin.gif I would like to climb the front side this summer, there are some nice cracks. Its a family tradition for me (and my family) to climb Mt. Si every year on the second Saturday of December. I have done it 11 times. One of my uncles has done it 28 times... What were you wearing?, maybe I saw you. I started hiking at 9:00 am. I was wearing a red coat and carrying an ice axe in my hand. I didn't want to tear my sort of new "ultra light" pack. wink.gif

Edd

Edd
PostSun Dec 21, 2003 7:11 pm 
mt sii
Believe it or not I can't really remember, other than a pair of khaki colored pants and I had a red daypack. It was pretty much a last minute decision. I know it is pretty boring, but I felt much better just for the fact I got out. I think I was there sometime between 11:00 and 2:00. It was the first time I had been up there this winter. It's good excercise and convienient. Your right though, it doesn't seem quite right to not climb the haydstack once your there. I think that is probly the first I did'nt. I think it had alot to do with the fact I was soaked (from the inside out), and the wind on top made me a little chilly and woossy waah.gif

hikerjo

hikerjo
PostSun Dec 21, 2003 7:58 pm 
hmmm.gif I can't remember anybody I saw that day eaither. I must have passed you on the way down. cool.gif