Forum Index > Trail Talk > VTrail.com
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
salish

salish
PostThu Apr 04, 2002 1:45 pm 
Does anyone know what became of VTrail.com? I just tried logging in and got this prompt: This account has been disabled.. To have the account restored, contact Customer Service. Did I miss something - is this site history? Thanks.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
twocoots

twocoots
PostThu Apr 04, 2002 3:38 pm 
I was wondering the same thing. What gives? Also, I mentioned in a previous post that the Spada Lake Rec. area was closed to public access post 9/11. Does anyone know the official stance on this and other watersheds/reservoirs?

salish

salish
PostThu Apr 04, 2002 4:15 pm 
Twocoots, I just got off the phone with the Henry M. Jackson Power Plant at Spada Lake Rec Area. They tell me that the Rec Area will open at the start of the general fishing season, which is usually the last weekend in April. Access to upper & lower Greider Lakes will be open, but this is all from the Sultan side - the Granite Falls entry will remain closed. They said to call later for updated info, and if you need the number here it is:Henry M. Jackson Hydroelectric Project, (425) 347-5549, 31411 - 116th Street SE Extended, Sultan, WA 98294. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Stefan

Stefan
PostThu Apr 04, 2002 4:17 pm 
Signs say "closed until further notice" along the way. Gate is at Olney Pass. A friend talked to somebody for Spada Lake. Spada Lake people said it is probably okay to mountain bike in there, just no big trucks with dynamite or something to contaminate the water. --oooops I spoke too soon!

Art is an adventure.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Apr 04, 2002 4:48 pm 
Yeah, I noticed vtrail.com was down the other day. I can't imagine the site is gone. They probably exceeded their monthly bandwidth or forgot to pay the bill (more likely their web host or someone further up the chain forgot to pay the bill).

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostThu Apr 04, 2002 7:38 pm 
When you started this thread I did a little checking. All the Columbia and Snake river dams were closed post 9/11. The powerhouses remain closed althogh the fishladder viewing areas have reopened, at least where they're away from the dams. I'm sure glad I did my touring when I did. I'm most bothered by the closure of the museum at Rocky Reach. That was one of the very finest museums in the state, and its focus on power and irrigation made it unique. I am glad that they're reopening Sultan Basin. Bad enough that so many of the roads there have been chopped up, without closing off access entirely.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostFri Apr 05, 2002 9:56 pm 
Spada Lake access from the Pilchuck River #5000 Road is prohibited by unauthorized vehicles. A key to the gate is only available to those who do salmonid enhancement projects and other things along the same lines in the upper Pilchuck, and then a deposit is required with the corporation overseeing the watershed (Hancock). Another gate is located on the divide near the Bald Mtn. fork above Spada Res., that is also locked to prevent access to the Pilchuck River country. In years past, I drove this road many times from both ends. Its closure is primarily due to trash dumpers from the Granite Falls end, but with the 911 event it prompted more scrutiny as to entering the dam area. I suspect more guards will be patroling around that location now, and the Pilchuck River Road will never again be open to vehicles...except for motorcycles, mtn. bikes, horse and or foot travel.

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Apr 12, 2002 3:29 pm 
What about spada access from the sultan basin road? Seems like that always open. I four wheel up there all the time! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
salish

salish
PostFri Apr 12, 2002 5:18 pm 
BJ, that's the section that is supposedly closed until the end of April (see my message earlier in thread). Cliff

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Apr 12, 2002 7:33 pm 
Hmm, seems like vtrail.com is still down. Anyone know what's going on or have an email address for them?

scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist

scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist
PostTue Apr 16, 2002 12:59 am 
Tom wrote:
Hmm, seems like vtrail.com is still down. Anyone know what's going on or have an email address for them?
vtrail@vtrail.com Elena Boucheva check out www.netsol.com and look under "whois" for more info

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Apr 16, 2002 10:35 am 
Yep, I emailed them a week ago at that address with no response. Since their domain is down I assume their email forwarding is down too.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue Apr 16, 2002 10:38 am 
Not necessarily. My hosting provider will disable websites for infractions (hack attempts, bandwidth overage, etc) but usually won't disable email since it's their main method of communication with customers. The fact that they aren't answering/getting email doesn't not bode well, though.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Apr 18, 2002 7:45 pm 
FYI, I just heard back from Elena at vtrail. Their site is back up now.