Forum Index > Gear Talk > Pack Repair - Leather & Canvas
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
salish

salish
PostSat Mar 07, 2009 7:13 pm 
I need to replace the leather straps on an old canvas pack. Does anyone know of a source in town where I can find the equipment necessary? or someone who can do this for me? Photos below. Thanks, Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn
PostSat Mar 07, 2009 10:34 pm 
If these guys can't do it, they'll likely know who can or where to get the stuff to do it yourself: http://www.rainypass.com/

“I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.” — Harry S. Truman
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Mar 08, 2009 7:12 am 
Look for a tack shop or saddle maker. Or you could get an awl and equipment at a craft store and do it yourself. I saw leatherwork stuff in Michaels, while looking for sewing awl needles. They had rivets also. Not sure if you can do rivets with a hammer. There's a press you can buy if you intend to do a lot of this work. I don't think it is very spendy.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
salish

salish
PostSun Mar 08, 2009 10:16 am 
Thanks guys, I'll check both places out. Treeswarper, I may just try what you're suggesting. By the way, Rainy Pass has moved from Roosevelt Way to Stone Way, just south of 45th. Appreciate it. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Mar 08, 2009 3:14 pm 
Alex & Karen Ardesson's Shoe Repair - 9635 Gravelly Lk Dr SW -Lakewood, Wa. 98499 253 588 8949 TheShoeMan@QwikNet.com

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
salish

salish
PostMon Mar 09, 2009 6:51 am 
Thank you, Ski. Cliff