Forum Index > Trip Reports > Larrabee State Park & Skagit Flats, 12/18/2003
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Scouter
Sandwich bagger

Scouter
Sandwich bagger
PostFri Dec 19, 2003 12:33 am 
Alan, Glad you had good time in my back yard today. You picked a good day for your adventure at Larabee and in the flats. You hit all my reasons for living here in the Skagit Valley. I live just east of Edison, and see what you saw today just about everyday on my commute to work. I'd like to see some of your shots. Kevin

Each human spirit is immortal-for time cannot destroy whatever element within us reverences the glory of a dawn in the mountains. -- Dervla Murphy
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostFri Dec 19, 2003 10:51 am 
Kevin, That's great that you live up there. We went over to Bow as well before heading to Edison. Spotted the cemetary there. Then we walked around in Edison before heading SW and roaming by car. You likely know of the exact boats I speak of on the Edison Slough. Everywhere is a great place in that area. up.gif I'll post some pictures in a week or so once the slides come back. Say, any reason you know of why the Rhododendron Cafe was closed yesterday at the juction of Hwy 11 and the Bow-Edison Road? I've eaten there once 10 years ago and hope it isn't closed up for good. Maybe 2pm was just too late past lunch closing time on weekdays---I didn't stop to look at it closely. Alan

Andrew

Andrew
PostFri Dec 19, 2003 11:01 am 
Alan, I hope you get better quick! Thanks for the trip report. I was there in September and it was wonderful, could've been better if there were clouds in the sky though. Attached are pictures of the snow geese in Skagit Valley on Best Road. Taken November 23rd.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Dec 20, 2003 6:56 am 
When I was working on Chuckanut a couple of years ago I counted 27 Eagles along the flats. Didn't bothere with the Hawks. There's supposed to be some rare/endangered bird that hangs out in the area of the Japanese garden at certain times of the year. A nice drive to B'ham if you're headed that way. N

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Dec 20, 2003 5:58 pm 
It may have been the Blue Morph which this Article mentions. Maybe a cruise for a Christmas present? N

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostThu Jan 08, 2004 11:31 pm 
Pick yourself a clear day this winter and go north to enjoy Larrabee...and don't forget to visit the rural scenes like Edison and Bow, WA south of there. Pix from my trip last month.....

RollingB

RollingB
PostFri Jan 09, 2004 9:07 pm 
Beautiful is all I can say. up.gif

"Life Is Not A Journey To The Grave With The Intention Of Arriving Safely In A Pretty And Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Broadside, Thoroughly Used Up, Totally Worn Out, And Loudly Proclaiming ----WOW ----What A Ride!!!" Author Unknown