Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Cliff Lawson, angler extraordinare
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Happy Casting

Happy Casting
PostFri Mar 22, 2002 10:54 am 
Do any of the fishermen out there have any interesting stories about Cliff Lawson (positive ones only, please)? Cliff, who just recently died, was an amazing, innovative explorer of the Cascades backcountry. As a Trail Blazer, he planted (and named) a ton of Washington lakes that many are still catching lunkers from.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Beefhide

Beefhide
PostFri Mar 22, 2002 4:58 pm 
I am now a Mossback with the TrailBlazers and was on a number of trips with Cliff. Each trip was and adventure into the unknown within the Cascades and I shall never forget any of them. You need to contact guys like Dan Sjolseth, Ed Lebert, Mike Swain,Milt Tanggard, Ed Conroy, who are still active members of The TrailBlazers. Those guys can relate any number of stories about Cliff and their trips with him. Regards, Beefhide

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Oldtimer

Oldtimer
PostFri Mar 22, 2002 7:42 pm 
Like "Beefhide" (his real Trail Blazer monicker, not one made up for this forum) says, he could tell you some real stories of trips with Cliff. All you need to do is persuade him to do so. Actually, the people he named could practically take over this forum with stories--all different. Cliff was a mountain traveling machine. He was responsible for most of the lakes that contained fish when the NCNP (North Cascades National Park) was established. But I don't dare get off on that subject, with John Reynolds and NCNP shenanigans. Mike Swayne has 1st ascents of over half-dozen (tough) peaks, and Cliff was with him on one or two. - Oldtimer (another Mossback)

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostSun Mar 24, 2002 1:07 pm 
Infinite Trails & Over the Rainbow When I cross the last mountain to the other side, my end thoughts will undoubtedly be to memories of climbing and hiking with family and friends. Thus I go . . . And into the plane where the sunrise and sunset is always glorious, where there is no longer any war and only peace prevails, and where there are no cold winds to chill thee in my slumber beyond . . . my circle is complete. McPilchuck rest Cliff, rest . . .

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostFri Apr 19, 2002 1:26 pm 
I finally got some Cliff Lawson stories up on the Trail Blazer website (www.watrailblazers.org). Here's the direct link.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch