Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Eco-challenge NZ
Previous :: Next Topic  
janders

janders

PostThu Apr 25, 2002 11:57 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Anybody watch this?

I kinda half-way tuned in the first night since there was nothing else on the boob tube. And I couldn't tear myself away. Ended up riveted to this show each of the last four nights.

Pretty incredible what these people do to themselves and what they accomplished. Makes me think that my fitness level may have a bit more room to improve than I originally imagined...  <g>

--------------
"Oh dang!" - Captain Amazing
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Mentalfloss

Mentalfloss

PostThu Apr 25, 2002 12:54 pm 
Watched the first and last episode.  Missed the one I really wanted to see..the one in the high mountains.  It is riveting despite the ads every 7 minutes or less.  I just read during the ads.

I guess I understand why they do this stuff, but to me it's a shame to miss all that beauty by hiking at night or while zombied out.  I'd sure like to see some of that country on a nice long backpack.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote

PostThu Apr 25, 2002 1:26 pm 
Been watching it for years.  Gotta say the location is great, but the production isn't as good to me as some years.  Seems like there used to be more coverage of lesser teams just trying to finish.  But the race is incredible!  Don't think many of the Survivor fans realize its produced by the same guy as the Eco.
janders

janders

PostThu Apr 25, 2002 3:05 pm 
Pappy - I agree. I had the most fun watching the coverage on Team Go (last place team) than I did on anyone else. I also wished they would have spread the coverage out to more than the 7 or 8 teams they did cover.  

Still, much fun to watch...

--------------
"Oh dang!" - Captain Amazing
susan

susan

PostThu Apr 25, 2002 5:00 pm 
I love the Eco-Challenge.  I've watched it every year since the one in British Columbia and Ditto on all the above comments.  I would love to actually go to New Zealand.  It's a beautiful country!
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Eco-challenge NZ
  Happy Birthday detekt!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: