Forum Index > Trip Reports > Tiger Tour
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Jan 25, 2004 8:55 pm 
Took a pack of relatives up Rattlesnake Ledges on Sat. Had a good time but was still hungry for more and new snow made back country skiing dicey so we did a loop on Tiger. Parked at trailhead about 12:30 and headed up to TMT. The way was clear to past the pipeline intersections where some folks said CHAIN SAWS AHEAD. The way was clear to the saws which required a duck under. Crossed a couple streams and headed up the ride of WT2 on a trail I had never been up before. A few blowdowns were suckey but we soon passed the West Tiger Railroad Grade (which had many blowdowns) to intersect the TMT up high. Continued to top of WT2 then back down Tradition Lake trail to car. Had a bite of lunch on WT3 and a few views.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ridgewalker
Mountains and Rivers

ridgewalker
Mountains and Rivers
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 8:29 pm 
South Tiger
I am thinking of doing some Lowland Stomps to wait out some of the winter. The TMT is calling out to me. I am curious if you or anyone else knows how the trail is on the south side to Tiger summit. If I has much scenic value or if it is just the Road Trek-a-thon.. -- Ridgewalker

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 8:52 pm 
The trail from the south has some really nice places, but I do not know about storm damage. If you go on the road I would rather take a bike. The TMT avoids the roads but crosses a few. Middle Tiger is quite nice but East Tiger is a road stom with a nice bike single track which has a lot of windfalls now. The single track is closed to bikes anyway til April.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn