Forum Index > Trail Talk > Advice needed: Olympic Coast
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie

Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie
PostWed May 01, 2002 9:31 pm 
I am planning to hike the Olympic cost with my son and one or two friends. I understand it is best done in two three-day sections due to the river crossing. Any advice on this? Is it best to drop a car off in the middle, or is there a decent on-foot way to do this?

Was you ever bit by a dead bee?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostThu May 02, 2002 8:44 pm 
Rich. Everybody must be out to lunch. I know we've got people that can give you some guidance (not including me, unfortunately).Try Karen's PI website. I know she's written up the beaches several times. If you can't find what you want there, try e-mailing her. If she's not out there, herself, odds are she can either answer your question or tell you where to go to find the answer. I believe ONP has something fairly specific about campsites and planning for tides and so forth. Come to that, I think there's a decent overview in one of the "100Hikes"; and there are a couple of Olympics specific books that I've never looked at. ....... And maybe this will stir some of our friends out of their lethergy. agree.gif ps - It would probably help if you were a little more specific about the stretches of coast you're thinking about - and a map attachment is always nice, smile.gif I think.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
-lol-

-lol-
PostFri May 03, 2002 2:26 am