Forum Index > Trip Reports > Urban Parks:Des Moines City Beach
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostTue Feb 10, 2004 3:23 pm 
With Ford in school we don't always have the time to run away, so we have been exploring a new park every month in South King County. When I saw the weather this morning I knew we had to get out. So after rambling along Marine View Dr. from Redondo, we ended up in Des Moines and passing the Overlook Park 1 and 2 we found the City Beach park. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the City Beach Park-very clean, and well cared for.We ambled on the walking paths first along the little creek, then hung out at the playground for a while. Hit the rest of the walking paths (all paved) and headed to the beach-the tide was pretty far out so we walked and walked to the end, following the creek to its end-whereupon we were treated to an awesome view of Mt. Rainer and all of the Olympic Mts. Was pretty neat to watch all of the fat ducks floating in the tide pools-the clam shells were bigger than my hand, and littered all over, next to where the even fatter seagulls were floating. A most enjoyable afternoon.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message