Forum Index > Trip Reports > Baker River/ Lake
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Trevor

Trevor
PostSat Jan 31, 2004 2:07 am 
I wasn't expecting much this time of year. I went on a quest for a trail that would be easily accesible, and have decent views. My quest took me to the baker river trail. The road leading there goes by baker lake , which was totally desolate when I went. The area was enshrouded with old tree stumps, and the lake was a pristine green. The forest along the way was arguably the greenest I have seen. The side hills along the baker road were garnished with small waterfalls intermittently. When I got to the trailhead I was pleasantly appeased to discover that I had the trail to myself. Miles of wilderness to let my mind roam freely in. I affably walked alongside the lucid blue baker river water water until I arrived at picturesque views of Shucksan and Baker. There were a couple beaver bonds that relflected the looming mountains perfectly, before the trai lead me back into the green forests. The trail culminated with an even more enthralling Shucksan view. I finished the trip by stopping at grandy lake to watch the sunset, which is also on the baker lake road. Here are trail directions and a couple photos from my trip...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
mvs

mvs
PostTue Feb 10, 2004 8:37 pm 
Thanks for that report. I've been wanted to go there for a trail run, maybe do the whole thing one nice winter day. Those open views along the water looked great! smile.gif

Eric
Peak Geek

Eric
Peak Geek
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 1:03 pm 
One thing about that trail that I really like is that when you enter the National Park you can see the dramatic difference in the older forest past the boundary. Pretty cool effect as you enter the darker creepier forest.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Feb 12, 2004 11:13 am 
Nice report. Thanks for the pics. I like that area and I need to get more familiar with it. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Feb 12, 2004 11:24 am 
The Baker River trail is a nice hike! But be forewarned if you want to do the lake trail also, a couple footbridges are out currently, which are usually neccesary in the winter and spring.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.